Post Thanks / Like

GM White Diamond Tri-coat

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 with the White Diamond Tri-coat pearl type finish on it, that I am getting ready to work on. I`ve seen this finish on several GM vehicles from Chevys to Caddys. It needs moderate correction with light to medium swirls.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of finish? Any special issues I should be aware of heading in? Also, if anyone has any recommendations of products that stand out or work well on this I would be interested in hearing about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GM White Diamond Tri-coat

While i have done the white tri coat. I have done the red Crystal Red Tintcoat and Viridian Joule Tricoat it`s just like any other car....

Southern New Mexico which is NOT the Land of Enchantment.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GM White Diamond Tri-coat

I have very little experience with the GM tri-coats, but my Caddy CTS-V has Black Diamond Tri Coat. (I realize this ain`t Pearl...).

The car had only a few very minor swirls, and a couple very light scuffs, put in the finish by the baboons at the local dealership, prior to sale,... who also had to replace the bumper before I would buy the car. The surface damage to paint was minimal, so my procedures may not help you?

I stripped the car, then used Blackfire polish, BF Wet Diamond, and topped all off with BF Midnight Sun Carnuba. This was all done by hand, not machine. I had used this combo on my last car, and it always looked great.

The end result with the newbie car was wonderful, and the finish looked supreme until the damn cat raked my hood. The Black Diamond Tri Coat just sparkeld ever more, looking totally faultless, B.C. (Before Cat).

If you have a lot of swirls this approach may not work? Try one small area, to see if the combo may hide the swirls. Hand buffing out the cat scratches on the hood did not compromise the glittery surface (Again,...I have little experience with this type of finish though).

If you can remove the swirls by machine, the Black Fire regimen, following a more "vigorous" buffing, should result in a very nice look?

Not much help?

Thread Information