Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about questions

Thanks for the replies, but ya know what? I think I`ll stay on my own. Is there an off-topic section? Maybe I`ll post there.

In reality, 99.99999% of all questions have been asked before, and answered. I`ll just do searches and spare people the time. Have a good one guys!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toy_Cam_Ed View Post
    Thanks for the replies, but ya know what? I think I`ll stay on my own. Is there an off-topic section? Maybe I`ll post there.

In reality, 99.99999% of all questions have been asked before, and answered. I`ll just do searches and spare people the time. Have a good one guys!
    You can do this or whatever you want - we will help !

So you have a Meguiars G110V2? I have one of those also. A great machine, nicely balanced, not too vibration-prone as some, not too loud on the ears, doesnt burn up the brushes quickly, you get a spare pair, and they are easy to access from the outside of the case.

I just finished polishing out 31 windows on a 58` boat for a Client, and this machine worked great and took all the water spots out.

A lot of people on here, well, probably most, like and use the Griot`s PC version of the machine. It is supposed to have more power to rotate the pad, but I read that sometimes it wakes up dead, but Griot has a great Lifetime Return policy. This is all good to me, except that if this happens in the middle of a Detail and you have no back up, well, it could get ugly..

My back up is a Flex 3401VRG or is the other way around ???

Tell us what you want to do, and we can let you know how/if, etc., it worked for us.

This is how we all get better at this, right ?

Good luck with your research and plans, hope the elbow/s get better.. Aleve should be your friend, if you can take this type of pill..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

What was this "other" site? I know it wasn`t Autogeek because I`ve read all your posts/questions there and you were well treated.

Post Thanks / Like

While a lot of questions may have been asked before we also have to be aware that in the detailing world, technology moves quickly! 4 years ago if somebody would have asked, "How do I remove deep scratches" the answer would have been with a compound a rotary polisher.

Today, with modern technologies, you will likely get a wide variety of answers from DA polishers to rotaries, to high grades of sand paper. Technology moves forward.

So while the basic principles have remained the same, advancements in technology and the required tweaking of techniques continues to march forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would rather people ask questions and have the excellent forum members here pitch in with their enthusiastic advice.

Post Thanks / Like

We all have questions from time to time, especially since new products are constantly hitting the market and revolutionizing aspects of detailing. One advantage, however, of a noob or hobbyist doing research before asking broad, general and/or common questions is the opportunity to learn more than just the answer to their specific question. Sometimes the right question isn`t asked, so the information given in responses really isn`t pertinent to the actual situation. eg: "How many times can I correct my paint?" It really isn`t a question anyone can answer and trying to do so would require more time to write than it would take the inquirer to search.

Remember also that many people come here, not to become pro detailers so learning all you can isn`t desirable or realistic. For those who are looking to get into the business, however, research will often teach, not only the answer to your question, but 100 others you never thought to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ed.

Get back here and ask your questions!

If anyone gives you a hard time or tells you to do a search,just let me know.

We are friendly and helpful here !

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first post in this thread, I`ve been a member of this site well before it was Autopia. As in the old site and this one, no should flame you about asking questions, even if they have been covered 100 times before.

That said, the advice that has always been given, is use the search feature to start with your questions. There is a wealth of information almost every subject in the history of this site. It covers from simple to very complex subjects related to detailing. Now if you want to just start asking questions and not try and seek the answer on your own, then you are asking the group to do the work and link you to the older threads where the subject has been covered.

If you have questions that go beyond that then by all means open them up to discussion.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information