Thread: Generators??

Post Thanks / Like

Generators??

Hello AF,

I setting up my cargo van rig and pretty much have everything but a generator.
    I know that Honda and Yamaha are the best quite generator out in the market but I don`t have that kind of money to spend on them right now. Have any of you guys have or tried Duromax generator Xp4400e? It retails for $600 and it`s on sale for $350 plus free shipping. One of my main concern is the dbA @69 and of course the amp/wattage. My rig consist of all American skid pressure washer, porter cable buffer, and sirocco pev2 reclaim system. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Generators??

Check the specs on the generator and make sure you`re running at least 2000 watts. I have a 2000 watt generator and that`s barely enough to push my extractor! A 300 dollar generator from wal-mart should be enough to get the job done. I think you can get a 4000 watt for 300, even if it is a little noisy as hell...
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 5500 watt home depot Briggs and stratton it lasted for 3 yrs. Paid $800 for it . Worked for about 2000 hrs so estimate about 4-600 full details no problem then it had lots of problems after the 2000 mark. I got a Honda e5000s on Craigslist for $900 with only 30 hrs on it! I have been super happy with it. Think like a business owner, think long term cost and how often it will be used and what you will be using on it. Search Craigslist though!

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said honda is expensive, which it is, but really worth it in my opinion.

my 2000w honda EU is pretty quiet, light to carry if needed, and powers my vx5000 steamer without a problem. The manufacturer says the vx takes something like 12 or 13 amps? Not sure. But I`m sure that I`ve blown fuses at clients homes with the steamer but the gen runs it with no problem (assuming that is the only thing being used at the time).
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of what generator you buy, you really want the highest Amp rating that will cover the amp requirements of your equipment.
    So go find out how many Amps each of your tools need, add them up, decide how many of the tools will be running at one time, add those Amps up, then go find a Generator that will handle whichever situation you will use the most, and you are done.
    You can also look at Db ratings as you get higher up the Amp output and determine how much noise can be tolerated vs Amp output.
    You absolutely have to change the oil and hopefully run a Synthetic oil and that will help your machine last longer too. Airfilter, changing the spark plug yearly, etc.., using at minimum mid-grade gasoline with a Stabilizer in it during Winter - all these things will help your Generator last longer too.

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Thread Information