As far as polish wipe towels these will not break the bank. Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels 3 Pack
They work good for polish removal without scratching. Always keep your towels clean. A thicker nap towel is better for QD use. always make sure you are not "dry" wiping.

Bobby also posted some good links on polishing. If your still seeing defects you may be working too big of an area or not working the polish enough. Just a door can easily be 4 sections. You may be also getting enough "fill" to hide some defects till after a few washes. Car Pro Eraser is great to check your work after compounding. Also keeping pads clean is critical during polishing. Clean with a brush or air after every section.

Good lighting and sun checks also play an important role.

When your ready to give it another shot don`t hesitate to ask questions on process. There are plenty here capable enough to help you trouble shoot. If get the time try some of the tips on a panel and check in with what you are seeing.

Don`t get too discouraged. It took me a little trial and error to learn the DA after being Rotary. Nearly all the work I post was done with a DA. It can be done even, major correction with just a Griot`s or PCXP(one of my weapons of choice).