Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: pinnacle souveran paste wax question, New Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by davidmelis View Post
    Hi Ecrissman,

I have used Souveran for dozens of coats on my black car. Dido to everything you have been told by the GREAT experienced professionals here at Autopia.

It sounds like you were a little disappointed saying you hoped for a "deeper more reflective" shine. I sympathize with you as I often think that after first applying it. Here a few thoughts:

1) Souveran is not the "brightest" wax, but it probably is one of the deepest. Think of the wax as being very oily. It does not sit on the paint, but does transform it to be very, very deep. If you have jeweled your paint perfectly with a finishing polish then Souveran will enhance the look that you have achieved with depth, but it will not brighten it further in my experience. For example, I discovered that Pinnacles quick detailer and even its shampoo add more brightness than the wax alone achieves.

2) In my experience, other quality waxes cause the average onlooker more of a initial WOW! feeling at first glance. In my opinion; however, these LSP`s change the black to be too reflective so when you look at the paint from an angle you only see sky and other surroundings. With Pinancle you see the black for what it is.

3) Think of waxes as a woman`s eyes. (I am going to get made fun of for this, but hear me out). Most quality sealants and waxes over perfectly prepared paint are like the bright blue eyes of a gorgeous blond. A man thinks, "Wow!" and is immediately attracted while fighting the urge to take a second look. This is what the brilliance of most waxes is like. NOW, Souveran on black paint is more like the deep dark eyes of a Spanish brunette. There is depth and mystery to those deep brown eyes that cause a man to have a feeling of intrigue. The response is not a wow and a double take, but instead a feeling of wanting to long and deep into those magical eyes.

Does this help!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Hmmmmm I think your car looks amazing! It is very rare that somebody doesn`t love the look of Souveran on their paint, particularly on your car, it looks extremely wet and dark.

If you are looking for a more reflective route, something a little more `candy` shell then you might have to sacrifice some of that amazing depth.

While I am coming a little out of left field, you might want to consider the Klasse Twins (Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze).

Back in the old days, using Klasse to bump the shine (it creates a very high gloss look) and then topping with Souveran was the "in" combination. I used to use this and either top with Souveran on red/black or top with P21S on yellow, silver, or blue.

While it is an older combo, the Klasse Twins might bump that shine to the level you want.
    Ok well you both were right, after buying and using the Flex it brought the finish to a whole new level with the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish. Once I topped with the Pinnacle paste wax, I am very pleased. Ultimately it was my technique and for sure the limitations of the Porter Cable. I can`t stop looking at it. I may lay another coat of the paste on just because I want to do something to the car and the weather here is bad. From what I have read as long as it had a good even coat on the first wax there probably won`t be any real benefit to a second coat. Your thoughts? Also since it is more or less just sitting in the garage any safe suggestions for light dusting? I am not sure if the new pictures will look any different on here but in person it`s a very deep, intense color.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pinnacle souveran paste wax question

VERY NICE!!!!! Glad you gave that carnauba another chance. Congratulations, I can see a difference from the first picks after the PC correction. I will defer to Todd on the "what to do with light dusting question...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information