Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me why

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tell me why

Just wait till your down here for DF and see all the products before hand and then get the ones you want and have them ship home. Don`t forget the great time you will have here and meeting many members from the forum also.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Just wait till your down here for DF and see all the products before hand and then get the ones you want and have them ship home. Don`t forget the great time you will have here and meeting many members from the forum also.

Sorry what is DF, lost me on this one. Would like to meet people when I`m down there.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I`m going to stick with xmt360 stuff. I washed my truck last Friday and used the xmt360 spray wax. This morning it was a little dirty so I rinsed it off, went to p/u the wife and she asked if I had washed the truck again. She was surprised it looked so clean and shiny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktruckowner View Post
    So would it not be best to start with the pc to get out the tough stuff, then use the xmt 360 after all the scratches are gone. I don`t mind spending some time every other month on making it look good. If I just used the xmt360 after would I need to use anything else with it. I wish we had classes like you guys have down there in Florida.
    You will find that after you have spent the time initially after that it will be much easier to maintain it. That is assuming that you take care of it which it sounds like you do.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of XMT360 but haven`t tried it on an entire car yet. I did one test panel and was happy with what I saw. I ended up using another AIO on the entire car because I didn`t have time for the learning curve of a new product.

As a side note, I eagerly await news that the BF AIO is more than a rumor.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post

I think I know what DF stands for and I don`t get down to Florida till April 7th in the afternoon and leave the morning of the 14th.

Post Thanks / Like

Detail Fest

Post Thanks / Like

It is just the pro in me - I apologize. However, I did read everything.

My point was: we never just rinse the car off and drive away. I think that is a very goal lesson to learn. At least I thought so when I first started out.

Remember the water spots once the sun starts inspecting it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks now you are teaching me something, so no matter what I should dry my truck and not dry it on the highway.

Post Thanks / Like

NO - the lesson is to NOT JUST HOSE OFF THE CAR:

Either you do a normal wash with car soap, clean mitt, 2 buckets etc... or you leave that paint dirty, until you can wash it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktruckowner View Post
    thanks now you are teaching me something, so no matter what I should dry my truck and not dry it on the highway.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy personally the fact that I DONT CARE. I bought a Disco 2 to see what it can do. Bushes brush have at it, as long as it gets to the top of a trail I`m happy. I try to not let it get too bad. Fall on the roof not so good. If you see my vehicle you would never know what I do for a living. My vehicle is my release from always making everyone elses perfect. I can see trying to keep your DD as nice ad possible but it should not take away from the important things in life.

John.. Prepared to get slammed
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Concours.John I agree with you to a point. I like my stuff to look as nice as I can possibly keep it but at the same time I don`t want to be a slave to it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the key is to be realistic. If you drive a vehicle every day it`s going to have imperfections. That`s part of life. Use proper wash technique and you can minimize swirls and marring.

I like to keep my cars clean and I do what I can to keep the paint swirl free but it`s going to happen regardless of all the precautions you take. I have 3 cars to keep up with and I won`t spend every weekend trying to make them look perfect. I think I would lose the enjoyment I find in detailing if I tried to keep my daily drivers defect free

Post Thanks / Like

Many of the new 1-step products do a pretty nice job. The main objective I see is it meeting your goals in both time and personal satisfaction.

While most of these products perform to some level they in most cases will not equal the performance of a multistage correction. That said, if your car is properly maintained and cares for you might find yourself using one maybe twice annually and an occasional clay & wax to spruce things up a bit.

• Understand where your finish is today
    • Set realistic expectations
    • Test a couple of products
    • Pull the trigger and begin..

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Listen, I am not one to talk, but reading the OPs posts, he seems to want to drive a black car that looks very good. In THAT case at least, you DO NOT just rinse a car down and drive OR rinse and dry. If you don`t car about the condition of the paint? By all means go ahead and trash the car. So if that is the case, why would he be on a detailing forum?

How my car looks in the winter here most of the time and I detail for a living

Finally there was a day that wasn`t rainy and wasn`t too cold

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    I enjoy personally the fact that I DONT CARE. I bought a Disco 2 to see what it can do. Bushes brush have at it, as long as it gets to the top of a trail I`m happy. I try to not let it get too bad. Fall on the roof not so good. If you see my vehicle you would never know what I do for a living. My vehicle is my release from always making everyone elses perfect. I can see trying to keep your DD as nice ad possible but it should not take away from the important things in life.

John.. Prepared to get slammed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information