Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: poorboys sampler kits

What would you suggest for a new car quick dealership correction from poorboys? I was thinking PwS?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, do the polishes dust? I`m talking ssr as well as the all in ones

Post Thanks / Like

PwS or PwC would both give you great results. Most of them do tend to dust a little, but nothing major. The SSR line is awesome especially SSR2. Its the glossiest polish I`ve ever used, but its bright and will turn dark colors into a mirror rather than a deep glow. I like to go back over SSR2 with Black Hole just to give it that dark tone.

Post Thanks / Like

For someone starting out the sample kit is one of the best ways to go about it. Poorboys has been my go to for detailing for years. For beginners its great they are easy to use, produce excellent results by hand or with machine. User friendly, meaning they are easy on and off. The plus is they come in at a price range that won`t break the bank!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for poorboys

that sample kit that included polish with sealant and bold & bright is the way to go I think. PwS is a great one step product and I`m gonna say bold & bright is my tire dressing of choice (if forced to pick only 1)

I`ve found the SSR polishes do dust a bit, but haven`t really noticed that very much at all using PwS

I like to save the bottles from the sample kits. So when you like the product, and purchase the big boy size, you can still just carry the little bottle and refill as needed.

poorboys

Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was glad to spent sometime with Steve and Pockets at DF and they were giving away a sample kit and I wanted it so but someone won it. Great product line for everyone to use and be very happy with the results......
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Is the cut of PwS closer to ssr1 or ssr2?

Also, does anyone know if black hole can be topped with a sealent or just a wax? And for that matter, can black hole go on top of PwS?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dheath View Post
    Is the cut of PwS closer to ssr1 or ssr2?

Also, does anyone know if black hole can be topped with a sealent or just a wax? And for that matter, can black hole go on top of PwS?

Thanks in advance
    The P-w-S is a very mild cut product, the SSR 1 is a tad stronger in cut. Both are pad depended meaning that if you use a cutting pad its going to cut more than a polishing pad.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Black hole can be topped with anything, and can top any polish. It`s a glaze, and it can be used as the final step before wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Black hole can be topped with anything, and can top any polish. It`s a glaze, and it can be used as the final step before wax or sealant.
    I`ve used BH after the LSP just to add POP

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    agreed. I use black hole before LSP because black hole contains cleaners (and therefore could possibly removing some / all over your underlying protection)

product description includes:

"In addition to disguising blemishes, Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles cleans the paint"
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your help guys. If choosing only 4 samples from poorboys (black hole / PwS / ssr 1), would you recommend ssr2 or 2.5? Or would you recommend both and skipping ssr1 maybe, since I was going to get pws?

I guess which samples do you poorboys experts recommend (no limit of products)?

I have meguiars UC for something stronger and in the past (like 4 years ago) I was using optimum polish, compound, and poliseal.. I`m upgrading to a gg6 if that makes a difference. I really want to get into something user friendly as I don`t care too much for the new smat technology with priming the entire pad and all that extra work/gumming up the pads/etc..

My main uses would be new car polishing and stuff that is generally well maintained. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your help guys. If choosing only 4 samples from poorboys (black hole / PwS / ssr 1), would you recommend ssr2 or 2.5? Or would you recommend both and skipping ssr1 maybe, since I was going to get pws?

I guess which samples do you poorboys experts recommend (no limit of products)?

I have meguiars UC for something stronger and in the past (like 4 years ago) I was using optimum polish, compound, and poliseal.. I`m upgrading to a gg6 if that makes a difference. I really want to get into something user friendly as I don`t care too much for the new smat technology with priming the entire pad and all that extra work/gumming up the pads/etc..

My main uses would be new car polishing and stuff that is generally well maintained. Thanks.
    Id pick SSR2 over 2.5 and 1 all day long. With 2, you really don`t need the others IMO. It has almost as good of correction ability as 2.5, and finishes down just as nice as 1.
    If I was to pick my 4 favs, it would be Master Cut for the deeper flaws, PwC, SSR2, and Black Hole. PwS is great too so it really comes down to preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I think you have sold me on the ssr2, black hole, and master cut.. Is the only difference between PwS and PwC durability? PwS lasting a bit longer?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I think you have sold me on the ssr2, black hole, and master cut.. Is the only difference between PwS and PwC durability? PwS lasting a bit longer?
    Sealants always last longer than waxes, but any good regular car care regime will keep your car looking great for its life.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information