Post Thanks / Like

New Vehicle Care

Hi Everyone! Newbie here with a brand new Silver Metallic Chevy Silverado LTZ all leather interior and chrome wheels. I would love to be able to keep that new car shine so I need some help on what products do I need and how to do it. This what I have : 2 buckets with grit guards, Griots Brilliant Finish Car Wash, DP Universal detailing clay, DoDo Clay Lube, Megs Polishing Compound, Megs Deep Crystal Carnauba wax. Wheels: Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner, Mothers Chrome Polish. Glass: Car Pro Fly By 30 kit. Interior: Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl cleaner and 303. I also have MF Drying towels and assortment of MF towels and MF towels for interior.

What is the best way to keep the shine? I watched the videos on Auto Geek and feel like I should buy all the Wolfgang products and I will be fine. Any helpful advise please. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Vehicle Care

Pics of the condition of the paint would give us a better idea.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 15ChevyLTZ View Post
    What is the best way to keep the shine?

Any helpful advice please.
    15ChevyLTZ, welcome aboard!

Have you been intense about vehicle care in the past? If not, the novelty of new car care may pass quickly, as it does for most. As an alternate game plan that would save you a lot of time and money in the coming years, you should give some consideration to a "permanent" coating and then fine tune your weekly clean-up routine. There are some excellent products available to the consumer today. These coatings are suited to 99.9% of the general population and are likely to keep the car looking better than the majority of traditional waxes out there.

Good luck, and enjoy the new ride!
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post

Have you been intense about vehicle care in the past? If not, the novelty of new car care may pass quickly, as it does for most. As an alternate game plan that would save you a lot of time and money in the coming years, you should give some consideration to a "permanent" coating and then fine tune your weekly clean-up routine. There are some excellent products available to the consumer today. These coatings are suited to 99.9% of the general population and are likely to keep the car looking better than the majority of traditional waxes out there.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-de...tml?highlight=
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a lot of metal real estate.

Although with some vehicles I truly enjoy doing the a Mr. Miyagi wax routine.
    With that vehicle I`d probably go with a quality coating and a maintenance wash/spray.
    Be sure the paint is polished and free of any fine scratches or swirls BEFORE application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post

The answer to your question is no. Many years ago (early 80s) I did a lot detailing work on my own vehicles. We would color sand etc. But with kids that all change. Now the kids are grown and gone and we have the best looking vehicle I have ever owned and I would like to keep it that way. Now I see that all the products have changed as well for detailing. The Black label Paint Coating is one of the answers I was looking for. I have dealt with cars professionally for 34 as service technician and know my way around them but the professional detailing work has change because vehicles have changed. I do not want to experiment with this vehicle and make sure I get right the first time.

Thanks for all the responses!!

Post Thanks / Like

Send it out to the local coating expert in your area for correction + coating and you`re done ! Can`t be any simpler

Post Thanks / Like

15ChevyLTZ- Welcome to Autopia!

I hope that Griot`s shampoo is ok...I simply love their regular Car Wash and the low price of the Brilliant Finish gives me pause.

Give some thought to the whole wash process, such as how you`ll get to the topmost surfaces. I use work platforms similar to this: Bauer 20900 Fold-N-Carry Work Platform - Ladders - Amazon.com and I would *NOT* use the smaller, all-aluminum ones out of safety concerns.

Thread Information