Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the hoopla swelling from companies marketing their product line exclusively to owners/detailers of Matte finished vehicles, I thought I`d throw my hat in the ring with HD WASH. You will certainly find HD WASH to perform extremely well on not just standard clearcoat finishes (and single stage for that matter), but it does an even better job on Matte finishes too. No longer will detailers and enthusiast car owners need to search and feel compelled to purchase a specialty soap for their Matte paint finishes. HD WASH`s performance doesn`t discriminate on what kind of paint you have when it comes to cleaning power, delicateness & anti-streaking characteristics. Not only will you enjoy the pleasant scent of HD WASH, but you`ll like it`s super versatile performance even greater. Chemically PH Balanced means that it won`t strip existing protection, but with its outstanding water sheeting properties you can rest assured knowing that your paint will be less subjective to pesky water spots which can play a major role in the final appearance of not just standard paint finishes, but Matte ones too. `Here`s some pictures I took on a recent mini-detail I did on a client`s $160,000 Mercedes G65 AMG with black Matte paint. Nothing too crazy, just a good quick wash.

`

Only 1 ounce is needed with 3 gallons of water to produce insane amounts of luxurious later:

`

`

`

1st a good rinse down to remove all the topical abrasives. This will dramatically eliminate wash induced marring:

`

`

`

I`ve been using Micro Fiber towels more and more as my go-to wash media with outstanding results.

`

`

Let it dwell while I on move onto the wheels.`

`

`

`

`

`

Spray with some HD TOTAL:

`

`

`

`

`

Then a good rinse to get the soap off (you can tell WASH likes to sheet as soon as the water hits it):

`

`

Flooding It:

`

`

Notice the sheeting starting to begin:

`

`

Getting there:

`

`

The rest of the vehicle virtually dry:

`

`

`

`

Now dry up all the left over water:

`

`

`

All dried up awaiting some HD DRESS after. I think HD WASH produces a really nice even glow to the finish.

`

`

`

`

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ride! And nice writeup!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jon!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job David.`
    Get Detailed 647-887-0132 www.getdetailed.ca
    Auto Car Detailing Serving Toronto | Mississauga | Brampton | North York | Markham | Richmond Hill | Durham | Oakville | Vaughan | Burlington | Maple

Post Thanks / Like

NO way David! This is matte paint and you need to use a dedicated soap specially designed not to harm the delicate matte finish! (Insert sarcasim smiley here)

Post Thanks / Like
    I must say that I never understood about matte paint.

Instinctively, we love shiny slickness.

I personally love that wet look, which is why I never gave

two thoughts about matte coloring.

This post has proved me wrong.

It looks fantastic.

I am unsure if I will get matte myself, but

I will definitely market to matte paint.

This has become another service that I offer.

I am sure that this job was flat rate.......

But if you were Hourly, would you feel bad taking so many pics?

Or is the value implied to the customer, so worth your Hourly time for documentation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamza7

Great job David.`

`

Thanks Hamza!`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1

NO way David! This is matte paint and you need to use a dedicated soap specially designed not to harm the delicate matte finish! (Insert sarcasim smiley here)

`

LOL! Hopefully this thread will come up when someone searches for ways to care for their matte finish. ``It`ll really throw a monkey wrench in some companies marketing scheme.`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallacesWashAndWax

I must say that I never understood about matte paint.

Instinctively, we love shiny slickness.

I personally love that wet look, which is why I never gave

two thoughts about matte coloring.

This post has proved me wrong.

It looks fantastic.

I am unsure if I will get matte myself, but

I will definitely market to matte paint.

This has become another service that I offer.

I am sure that this job was flat rate.......

But if you were Hourly, would you feel bad taking so many pics?

Or is the value implied to the customer, so worth your Hourly time for documentation?

`

Thank you! I too had a totally different point of view on matte paint until doing this job. The paint that MB applied was really nice. Felt super thick and durable. Not fragile like most paint. Because the lack of reflection, you`d have to be pretty heavy handed to screw up this paint.`

`

As far as doing work for this client and filming, he doesn`t really have any issues with me taking pics. Been doing it for so many years that it`s kinda just goes with the territory of being passionate with car care.` ` Plus, the time it takes to snap a bunch of shots isn`t really all that significant either.`

Post Thanks / Like

What you didn`t show us is that you actually swapped out HD Wash for a super-duper-magic-matte wash.

`

I do find this an interesting topic. I have tested a couple WOWA sealants with great results in protection and look with no issues.

`

Nice Job David.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^I`ve coated some with Opti-Coat as well.

`

`

What people don`t seem to get is it`s still clear coat, only it has an added flattening agent to it. The desired result is obtained by how much you add. You can by it premixed or buy the flatten separate and mix it yourself.

`

Still, it does require some special care as polishing will add gloss and even excessive rubbing with a towel could cause a difference in appearance. Common sense basically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew@GlossWerks

What you didn`t show us is that you actually swapped out HD Wash for a super-duper-magic-matte wash.

`

I do find this an interesting topic. I have tested a couple WOWA sealants with great results in protection and look with no issues.

`

Nice Job David.

`

HaHa - Thanks Drew! I think those WOWA sealants are great in these applications.`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1

^^^^I`ve coated some with Opti-Coat as well.

`

`

What people don`t seem to get is it`s still clear coat, only it has an added flattening agent to it. The desired result is obtained by how much you add. You can by it premixed or buy the flatten separate and mix it yourself.

`

Still, it does require some special care as polishing will add gloss and even excessive rubbing with a towel could cause a difference in appearance. Common sense basically.

`

Thing is car manufactures put the fear of god into everyone contemplating buying a new car with matte paint. Audi makes you sign a release and doesn`t warranty the finish. Others warn you heavily to only use extreme caution and "special products designed for matte paint" or else you`ll ruin the finish.`

`

I haven`t seen a body shop match the finish quality that the OEMs are producing though. An OEM finish just seems to feel "thicker" in a strange way and where the others don`t seemed to be laid out quite as well if that makes sense? `

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

HaHa - Thanks Drew! I think those WOWA sealants are great in these applications.

Thing is car manufactures put the fear of god into everyone contemplating buying a new car with matte paint. Audi makes you sign a release and doesn`t warranty the finish. Others warn you heavily to only use extreme caution and "special products designed for matte paint" or else you`ll ruin the finish.

I haven`t seen a body shop match the finish quality that the OEMs are producing though. An OEM finish just seems to feel "thicker" in a strange way and where the others don`t seemed to be laid out quite as well if that makes sense?

Well my best friend had his bike custom painted with a satin/matte finish, which is really the only non-OEM matte paint I`ve seen. I would definitely say it wasn`t as clean, but that would be the only comparison I could give based on the small number of matte paints I`ve seen first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCD Detailer!
    Post Thanks / Like

That`s awesome G glass, I love the bull bar.

Btw, how do you remover waterspot from matte paint? Such a challenge or accept the fate.
    Started back in 2006 reading Mike. P posts and practiced on customers` cars, ended up writing a book, see merawat mobil. Fast forward 2014 established toko alat salon mobil online (online shop) to cater car care enthusiasts and local car detailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks irsankao!`

`

Haven`t had that challenge yet, but I don`t see any reason why you couldn`t use a liquid (not abrasive) Water Spot Remover? 3D makes one called Eraser that works excellent: `http://www.3dproducts.com/Eraser-Wat...16-Oz-Gel.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked with the car manufacture? I know BMW USA says that microfiber towels will damage their "frozen paint" matte finish. When those cars come back to dealership o refuse to touch them and highly recommend nobody else wash them cause the dealership does not even have the BMW approved soap for these cars. And yes I work at a BMW/Mini dealership

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, matte paint is still pretty much the same as regular paint. It doesn`t require special/dedicated shampoos or towels. Just some common sense on par with how any Autopian would normally wash their car. Ironically, I`m pretty surprised to not yet see/hear about anyone marring one of these finishes up. Makes me think that because the surface isn`t reflective that marring doesn`t show?`

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information