Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool Barry!

Good to see the MF pads continuing to evolve and advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys these bad boys are 20 bucks for 2 in a pack. We are shipping for free if anyone is interested. Heck we even sold some that one guy who use to come around here. Whats his name? Oh yea RickRack.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Hey guys these bad boys are 20 bucks for 2 in a pack. We are shipping for free if anyone is interested. Heck we even sold some that one guy who use to come around here. Whats his name? Oh yea RickRack.

Geeze, Barry... And I thought I was special that you said you`d ship mine for free...
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Will call and place a order in the morning Barry.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    Geeze, Barry... And I thought I was special that you said you`d ship mine for free...

No, he said the product was free for you. I heard it can vouch for it. Unfortunately, the shipping is $20 though.

:becky:
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to reach ya Barry to order a few of these disc to try out. Give me a shout when you get a chance.
    Paul Sparks

Indianapolis IN 46234

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod66paul
    Tried to reach ya Barry to order a few of these disc to try out. Give me a shout when you get a chance.

Hes avoiding you, Paul... Your money isnt good enough for his pockets...
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry should invest in a 900 or 976 number for sure!
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Got hooked up with Barry for the pads. He said he would just send me the ones he has set aside for Garry and send the bill to Tampa Fl.lol.
    Paul Sparks

Indianapolis IN 46234

Post Thanks / Like
    :har:

Of course he`d get these RIGHT BEFORE VACATION!!!!!
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    How are these for separation issues? I tried a pack of Optimum microfibers and I used one for 2 panels and it separated on me :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey barry been using the lake country microfiber pad here at the lcm 3d training center unbelievable results first it conquered a n elantra with 80000 miles then a prius with 118000. miles then a pair of yellow headlights no sanding required all done with 3d uno then 3d

polish a n amazing polish by the way coming soon the results on a black benz

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using one lake country pad on about 10 cars now no problems i use the 3d polisher it has blown the megs microfiber pads in half after one car and left the backing plate smoking so no comparison the lc is consructed better and far more durable plus one pad both cuts and polishes give it a try its a must have

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used Polish with Megs MF Cutting disc and was amazed at the results. I have so many MF pads that I`ll wait for these to be reviewed.
    If you don`t know the answer, ask the question. The worst that can happen is that you find out the answer.

San Diego`s Professional Detailer

www.SanDiegoDetailer.com

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since buying the new HD DA polisher, I have been killing both backing plates and microfiber pads with it. The machine is so fast and rotates the pad/backing plate so fast that it generates a lot of heat and quickly separates the MF discs and burns the backing plates up too. I have set the machine to speed setting #5 and placed a piece of electrical tape over the speed dial to hold it at that speed. Here are a few photos of some of the carnage that this polisher has been creating in my shop.

Lately as Barry has his trusty sidekick "Scott" stopping in at my shop on a weekly basis, I`ve been buying more of these Ultrafiber discs with the school of thought that I`ll polish a work section then pull the pad off and replace with a new pad. I`ve been running the new pad while the first pad I had been using cools off. After the next section is worked I pull that pad and replace it with the first pad that has been cooling off. This is working pretty good but I really have to be mindful of how much pressure I apply to the backing plate/pad combo cause they still get a bit hot if I`m pushing things too hard "As I do all the time"..

This past Friday I was at a customer appreciation day picnic at a local auto paint supply store where I saw a clearance rack with a bunch of 3M items extremely discounted. I snatched up a bunch of stuff that I saw as extremely useful. Here`s a photo. Pay particular attention to the six 5" DA backing plates. I`ll explain where this is going, I promise...

It seems that 3M has discontinued this backing plate so I`m glad I was there to buy all 6 of them for $5 each. The other day I did an AIO polishing on a Toyota Highlander using Duragloss 501 with the HD polisher, these discontinued 3M backing plates and the Ultrafiber pads. I was pressed for time, so of course I was pushing pretty hard to get the job done on time, and again found myself pushing my equipment to the limit. I was really applying lots of pressure for a few section passes and then lightening up on the pressure for the last few section passes. After each work section (where I would normally pull the pad and exchange it for a cooled off pad) I checked the Ultrafiber pad for heat and there was none at all..

I then brushed the pad clean and blew it out with compressed air, added more product and went back in to press onward with the AIO paint polishing. I pressed hard on the polisher in every work section I did on the entire car and not once did the pad heat up while being used with this backing plate. I have solved the overheating/separation issue by using a backing plate with holes in it to keep the MF discs cool!! Now to get past the fact that this particular backing plate has been discontinued...

It seems that Kevin "BuffDaddy" Brown offers a few DA backing plates with holes in them that may aid in cooling these pads well, however they seem to be 5 3/4" (Meguiars) of 5 13/16" (Mirka) Perhaps Kevin can get a hold of some actual 5" plates with holes in them. Either that or go with 6" Ultrafiber pads.

Just some recent thoughts and observations. It`s nice to have found a solution for something that has been frustrating me and costing me money.

I hope this helps someone here. TD
    http://tdmad.com Tuscarora Dave`s Mobile Auto Detailing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information