Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Is NS a one time use product due to its chemical properties? I read somewhere that it needs to be sealed air-tight but even then it wont be as good as it was when first opened? It says, "Detailing made simple," but if this is the case wouldn`t this make it more complex? or am I misunderstanding the whole subject matter. Thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like
    NS is the only 3D product that is NOT simple, in that it requires some care in storage and a two-part application that is time consuming. Having said that, in my experience, its absolutely worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Alfisti, could you guys point me to information on how to properly store and re-use this product without diminishing quality

Post Thanks / Like
    Rub on part A, rub part B over part A. Let dwell, buff off.

Not very complicated application. However I would like to know how to store properly as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Part A of NS needs to bond to bare paint. It`s recommended to remove any underlying product with IPA, or similar, for best results.

Based upon this, a user of Nitro Seal would not want to use a paint cleaner or AIO before Part A I assume. I ask because after polishing I often like to use a paint cleaner or all in one to clean the surface before applying a wax or sealant. I guess if I wanted to do that, I would have to clean off the base left by the AIO or paint cleaner with an APC wash or ISA wipe down. Would that be correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystickid
    Thanks Alfisti, could you guys point me to information on how to properly store and re-use this product without diminishing quality

Quote Originally Posted by brownbob06
    Rub on part A, rub part B over part A. Let dwell, buff off.

Not very complicated application. However I would like to know how to store properly as well.

The storing of the product does not have to be complicated, simply make sure the caps are tight, place in an air tight bag (i.e. ZipLoc) place in a cool storage cupboard or fridge (next to the Jack Daniels works best for me )

Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    Based upon this, a user of Nitro Seal would not want to use a paint cleaner or AIO before Part A I assume. I ask because after polishing I often like to use a paint cleaner or all in one to clean the surface before applying a wax or sealant. I guess if I wanted to do that, I would have to clean off the base left by the AIO or paint cleaner with an APC wash or ISA wipe down. Would that be correct?

I would suggest not using an AIO if you can avoid it, by reasoning if the base is less durable than the top coat it can diminish the longevity of the product.

IPA is a good option; alternatively if you’re using HD UNO or Polish then HD Nitro is compatible with both of these and will bond perfectly fine.

Cheers Daniel

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morne90
    Part A being the Aminofunctional liquid forgather and the Object B is a crossbreed Montan wax flower. When these compounds are mixed unitedly, the paraffin merge (Try A) gift oppose with the wax gather (Start to descriptor a covalent trammels so that the resulting arm instrument heal into a hard cross-linked plaster.

There are a few people on this forum that have more than a 101 Chem backround; this is vendor science fiction (non PC = total BS)
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Wax
    The storing of the product does not have to be complicated, simply make sure the caps are tight, place in an air tight bag (i.e. ZipLoc) place in a cool storage cupboard or fridge (next to the Jack Daniels works best for me )

I would suggest not using an AIO if you can avoid it, by reasoning if the base is less durable than the top coat it can diminish the longevity of the product.

IPA is a good option; alternatively if you’re using HD UNO or Polish then HD Nitro is compatible with both of these and will bond perfectly fine.

Cheers Daniel

Thanks Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    There are a few people on this forum that have more than a 101 Chem backround; this is vendor science fiction (non PC = total BS)
    Hey TOGWT, have u tried Nitro Seal and if so, what are your impressions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am somewhat reluctant in trying new products as I have my trustworthy products that always seem to pull off some magic for me. In saying this I saw many reviews and all favorable so I thought I would give this a shot.

In the package you receive a part A and Part B bottle, relatively small but you will be amazed how well this stuff spreads out. A pair of gloves, a black and red applicator pad and a MF towel for wipe off.

auto shipping | car shipping

auto transport

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying you tried it? If so, how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what he was trying to say is that he was a spammer that had 3 spam links in every post. :grinno:
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have not been to the forum in a while. Bought Nitro Seal back last fall, but never got around to applying it until today. I read the instructions on the 3D site and watch the videos ... but did not see this thread until AFTER I was done. Guess I did it wrong. IMO, the 3D site instructions did not seem to be clear if the OP of this thread is correct. Seems I SHOULD HAVE done A ... then B ... panel by panel, and not the entire car in A ... wait 10 min and then the entire car in B (which is what the 3D site seems to suggest). OH well.

On a finish note, having used Uno and Proxy since back when they came in the Blue and Yellow bottles ... I thought ... this really cannot be that different. Boy was I surprised. The gloss of this stuff has far exceeded my expectation !! I looks awesome. Thanks for the product 3D

Post Thanks / Like
    correct way is to apply part a over the whole car and follow with part b

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that is what I understood the instructions to read ... but the OP seems to give a different spin on the application method. It looks great, I just want the long lasting effect. I did a dawn soak, followed by some correction on the top, the washed again, Clayed everything, applied Uno to the entire surface and then Nitro Seal as described on the 3D site.

But the OP seems to be saying ... do it one panel at a time. (unless I am misunderstanding)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal

... Rub-in to the whole section of the vehicle massaging in over and over. ( section could be hood fender or door...etc). Do not buff-it yet.

To another applicator apply few drops of Part B and rub-in to the same section. You will see that Part A is not properly dried and has some patches of mat sections. No problem... Just go over it and massage in the Part B.

While letting this section dry and move to the next sections until the entire car is finished.

Come back and now buff in to a brilliant shine with Microfiber towel or a very soft cloth.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information