Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    How about an air temp of 32C (90F)? Should I expect difficulties? I`ve just used it in these conditions and it was a bit difficult.

We have use it at 90F and it seems ok. You may have to be quicker to apply it and do smaller sections. If its too hot it will start to separate on the car.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied Part A to the whole car first then followed it around with Part B as per instructions. After a few minutes of applying Part B the applicator begin feeling sticky/gluey on the paint and i had to push harder. I let it sit for 90mins before removing. It was a PIA to remove...very tough, my arm nearly fell off. It also left a smeary film behind (a bit like Megs ULW) and some residue. I find some sealants do that and I QD it after to remove it, but I didn`t with Nitro as you`re not suppose to get it wet for 24hrs. I told my client that the oiliness and any residue will come off in the next wash so he was cool.

I think the air temp and paint temp was too high, even though it was under cover. BTW, I didn`t apply too much product as I still have heaps left after doing a family size car. Probably can do two more cars.

It certainly felt like a tough durable film was left behind and the gloss level (on black metallic) was beyond belief without losing any depth. The owner said he just sat staring at it as the sun moved in the afternoon and he described it as "mesmerizing"!

I just wished it was a little easier in this case but was well worth it. Everyone else seems to have had an easy experience with Nitro. I wonder what I did wrong. :think

Here`s my favourite photo. (Sorry...it`s a bit over-exposed and poor quality as I took it with my phone camera.) At that angle you can`t see the smeariness but can see the gloss. BTW, that tyre IS dressed with a tyre gloss but doesn`t compare with the paint and looks bare!

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul that GT looks amazing.

I think the problem may have had something to do with the heat over there at the moment, was it humid at all or very dry

I’m at about 30c at the moment and have a car here to play with so I will slap some Nitro on it and get back to you later if it helps.

Ps how is that marine monster coming along?

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel, it was a dry heat. Being black the paint tends to stay warm even in the shade. Let us know how you go.

As for the boat, I threw the towel in. I checked my public liability insurance and I`m only covered for boats up to 8M. This boat was 11M. Unfortunately, some-thing`s put a stain on the boat`s carpet and its not coming out completely. I may have to cough up for a new carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

i`ve seen reflection shots, but this one... wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,

I have tried to replicate your sticky Nitro result by doing the following,

I had already started to give the car here a quick once over with HD Speed and had no real intention of doing a true correction before reading your post, so the end result won’t be the same.

However it was 30c outside so our temps are close and I moved the car so part of it was exposed to the sun; I also applied Nitro via DA. (I find it quicker and easier I also use a little more doing it this way.)

I found that the Part A went on the whole car fine, when applying Part B I had no problem on the section that was in the shade, but I did find the pad bite a little on the section that was in the sun.

Removal was not a problem for either section.

I would suggest that the surface temp may have been just that little too high especially being black paint????

The first time I applied Nitro I found it a little harder to apply and remove, although I believe I was trying to put it on to thin. The next time I used it I used the DA and a little more product and haven’t had a problem since.

Hope it helps

Daniel

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless1
    I`m not really getting it. The addition of aminofunctional silicone is what makes a paint sealant a paint sealant. monton wax? there`s other products with monton wax too. But I`m not sure I understand why monton wax on top of a sealant would have special properties? Is there something else I`m missing?

An amino functional silicone is a regular silicone fluid that has been modified slightly. Every so often, instead of a dimethyl siloxane unit, an amino functional siloxane unit has been substituted. The amino functional unit creates a space in the chain where cross linking can occur. So an amino functional silicone can form a durable network.A criticism of polymer sealants is that they can appear to look sterile .i.e. like a cellophane wrapping

Môntan wax is a microcrystalline or petroleum wax, it’s derived by solvent extraction of lignite. The earliest production of Môn tan wax on a commercial scale was in Germany during the latter half of the nineteenth century, and Germany continues to lead the world in production of Môn tan wax; some Môn tan wax is produced in the United States from the Ione lignite bed in California. The composition of Môn tan wax varies geographically with production, but includes varying amounts of wax, resin and asphalt.

The advantage of a wax is that it produces jetting (the so-called ‘wet-look’) producing Colour, Depth and Clarity; the thing a wax doesn’t exhibit is long term durability...
    so if you combine a polymer with a wax
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow great explanation. Thanks TOGWT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Wax
    Paul,

I have tried to replicate your sticky Nitro result by doing the following,

I had already started to give the car here a quick once over with HD Speed and had no real intention of doing a true correction before reading your post, so the end result won’t be the same.

However it was 30c outside so our temps are close and I moved the car so part of it was exposed to the sun; I also applied Nitro via DA. (I find it quicker and easier I also use a little more doing it this way.)

I found that the Part A went on the whole car fine, when applying Part B I had no problem on the section that was in the shade, but I did find the pad bite a little on the section that was in the sun.

Removal was not a problem for either section.

I would suggest that the surface temp may have been just that little too high especially being black paint????

The first time I applied Nitro I found it a little harder to apply and remove, although I believe I was trying to put it on to thin. The next time I used it I used the DA and a little more product and haven’t had a problem since.

Hope it helps

Daniel
    Thanks Daniel. So do you think I used too little of Part A or B?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Daniel. So do you think I used too little of Part A or B?

Paul,

In my case when I first had trouble I know it was due to me not using enough of both part A&B, since then I just use a little more of both but especially A and still manage to get 2 full size cars with ease.

In your case I really couldn`t say if it may have been part A, part B or both, and adding in the high temp with a black car like you had makes application of most sealants harder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really interested in trying this!

I`ve used Opticoat on my paint for protection but still, I long for the carnauba spec shine that I used to get with souveran and fuzion, so will use this over opti-coat and see what happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    really love this product, the best lsp i`ve used and had no issue even with 30c temp here in the Philippines. one question though, is it really half full? when i opened the container a and b both are half full. nonetheless, hd nitro brought an amazing pop on the paint. incredible!
    :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nitroseal is a very fine product. I have used it on two cars a white camary and my winestone pearl subaru.After two cars still had plenty left. If i understood him Ben told me any left over product A could be use prior to an application of hd poxy .
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

Post Thanks / Like
    Can Nitro Seal be used over the top of another non 3D product wax a couple weeks later?

Post Thanks / Like
    Part A of NS needs to bond to bare paint. It`s recommended to remove any underlying product with IPA, or similar, for best results.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information