Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are great results, i saw these a while ago, but seeing them now just floor me. AWESOME!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluBrett
    Bump!

I just had to bump this thread to say it is one of my all time favorite threads because it is so informative andd simple to follow. I just ordered a bunch of HD and 3D products, including the ones you used. Thanks!

Thanks for the bump and kind words. I hope you have good luck with your purchase. :hungry:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Nice work on a tempermental Ferrari interior. It looks like the HD line is top notch.

John

I really have to admit that HD Total is the best interior cleaner I`ve ever used. Very gentle and extremely effective. Perfect balance. :first:

Quote Originally Posted by smoknfastlegend
    Those are great results, i saw these a while ago, but seeing them now just floor me. AWESOME!

Thanks s.f.l.!! I appreciate your opinion. :peace:
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Dave! Another reason why I need to frequent Autopia.org more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow products are amazing.. great job

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats very impressive. Shows that the extractor really isn`t necessary if you know how to do it. Great Job.
    -Mike http://mikesautodetailing.ca/

-Nothing like a good turn around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    I always think about the labor involved when I use a toothbrush for cleaning. There is no doubt that this Ferrarri came out GREAT. I always end up LOSING money on these jobs because it takes so long to get them perfect. Nice job Dave!

Charge more! We charge something in the ballpark of $1k for something like this. Can`t run a biz if you`re losing money!

I`ll definitely have a look at HD products and give them a test run when I get a chance. Did you use the regular cleaner on the leather, as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopia Expert
    For example, a new "safe acid" cleaner has been developed that is 100% skin and respiratory safe, yet it clean on contact like nothing you`ve ever seem.
    I know this is an old thread but was this "safe acid" cleaner ever developed?

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Thanks Scott. They sure do. This car`s rubberized pieces were definately deteriorating. (super sticky too) I was warned ahead of time about these conditions and was told that nothing but a wet towel should be used due its delicateness. At 1st I covered these areas but the whole time I couldn`t resist testing my curiousity. I spot cleaned a small area real lightly with the TOTAL cleaner and nothing happened so I then tried using more cleaner applied to a soft towel and still came out great. At the end, I did the same thing with PROTECT and had equal results. I have no doubt that my go-to cleaner would have destroyed this coating.

Somewhat off the main subject but it may be useful info:

Interior Trim Coatings - some interiors suffer from the substandard coating that are used on the interior parts of certain models (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, Aston martin, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc.) Buying new parts can be very expensive, and there is no guarantee that the parts will not become sticky again. ‘Stickynomore’ offers a refinishing service that eliminates the need to buy new, expensive parts; by refinishing your existing parts to a standard that befits an exotic car - Sticky No More - Exotic Cars Interior Refinishing Services
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not replying to people on here sooner. Glad people are still showing interest in HD TOTAL even since it`s been laying kinda low lately waiting for a make over.

Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli
    Great job Dave! Another reason why I need to frequent Autopia.org more often.

Hey thanks michakaveli - hope you`re doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk
    wow products are amazing.. great job

Glad you liked it Johnny!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike777G
    Thats very impressive. Shows that the extractor really isn`t necessary if you know how to do it. Great Job.

So true Mike. Extractors are certainly a nice tool to have, but there are other ways to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConnection
    I`ll definitely have a look at HD products and give them a test run when I get a chance. Did you use the regular cleaner on the leather, as well?
    Please do and let us know what you think. And yes, HD TOTAL was the only cleaner used on this interior. Extremely safe on all interior components including leather which is it`s specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I know this is an old thread but was this "safe acid" cleaner ever developed?

Good memory. Tunch has almost got it finished, but is waiting on certification so it can be sold/shipped. I`ve never heard of an acid based wheel cleaner that won`t harm your skin, but he`s done it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    Somewhat off the main subject but it may be useful info:

Interior Trim Coatings - some interiors suffer from the substandard coating that are used on the interior parts of certain models (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, Aston martin, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc.) Buying new parts can be very expensive, and there is no guarantee that the parts will not become sticky again. ‘Stickynomore’ offers a refinishing service that eliminates the need to buy new, expensive parts; by refinishing your existing parts to a standard that befits an exotic car - Sticky No More - Exotic Cars Interior Refinishing Services

Great info John. I simply dread these soft/sticky coatings with a passion. You have to be extremely careful not to ruin them.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Good memory. Tunch has almost got it finished, but is waiting on certification so it can be sold/shipped. I`ve never heard of an acid based wheel cleaner that won`t harm your skin, but he`s done it.

:woot2::first:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks beautiful. I loved your usage of a tooth brush. Amazing how a simple little produce can be used to clean such an advanced piece of machienery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Spot on description and detail work. Im impressed with the 3D Products.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information