Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Scottwax`]5. Try to top yourself with every detail. Always try to improve. [QUOTE]

i couldn`t agree more! thanks for sharing your thoughtful tips, scott! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    5. Try to top yourself with every detail. Always try to improve.

i couldn`t agree more. thanks for sharing your thoughful tips, scott! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    let the final product speak for itself... if you use high quality products and you produce good work you don`t need to BS your clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    The secret for repeat buz is more then one factor. Outflow = inflow more you put out more you get in. Personal hygiene to how you confront people, personal ethic’s plays a vary important roll, my Dad has been in buz for over 50 years as a Mechanic, he’s got a vary high ethic’s level pays he’s bill to the penny does honest work. When you have a vary high ethic’s level and you do good work and the more you put out the more “power level†you have, like a lion, bold, strong and clear. But one of the most important factors is knowledge; knowledge is power, and it plays a vary important roll in work ethic’s.

Many of years ago I was falling trees for a living I was 32 years old and my buddy on the next strip next to me a 65 year old man a second generation timber faller. At noon I had 7 thousand BF down working like a dog, I came over to him on the next strip over I was just a huffing & buffing. The 65 year old man was smoking a cig and he had 14 BF down, for every 20 steps I took he took 5.

What is Knowledge? Knowledge is how to apply, having knowledge and clearly understanding how to apply it is having less confusion. Having knowledge beats better then running round with your head cut off like a chicken. The best way to gain knowledge of a field is though schooling and believes me doing it the hard knots way is not all that good. Going to Detailing seminars, Car shows, even this BBS plays a vary important roll. I haven’t been Detailing that long not as long as some Detailers here but I have been in buz for 18 years in Landscape Maint. And some day I hope Detailing will become a full time job, having two occupations just adds to my confusion. Sry for blabbing so long

Post Thanks / Like
    17 No matter what happens; respect your customers.

I was recently reminded of how important it is to respect other people, especially your customers. If you`re a Nascar fan you may recall an incident and I won`t mention any names, where a Nascar driver was ticketed by the local police department. As a result he was suspended and not allowed to drive in the last two races of the season.

I won`t get into the exact reasons for the suspension, however I will comment on something that one of the other Nascar drivers pointed out in a tv interview. The statement was made that the suspended driver showed a complete `lack of repect` for authority, in regard to being pulled over by the local police. He went on to say that whether the driver was right or wrong he should have been more respectful when he was stopped.

Sometimes we tend to forget how easy it is to respect other people, especially our detailing customers. Sometimes we may even being to take our customers for granted. Respect is more that just being polite and friendly. It`s a genuine feeling that shows you hold your customers in high esteem. It`s knowing that no matter what happens; you will always respect your customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this thread. :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    wow -- great stuff in this thread.

I will be applying some of these priciples in my line of work (which is unrelated to car care).
    I don`t want my LSP to last... detailing is my therapy.

Post Thanks / Like
    18 - Don`t underestimate your customer.

Take all the time you need to talk with your customers and to be friendly. Always give each customer the chance they need so that they can let you know about the things that they are truely interested in.

Think about it. Your customers are not an interruption in your day; they are the number one reason why you are in business. Be a good listener and always try to remain focused on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    18 - Don`t underestimate your customer.

Take all the time you need to talk with your customers and to be friendly. Always give each customer the chance they need so that they can let you know about the things that they are truely interested in.

Think about it. Your customers are not an interruption in your day; they are the number one reason why you are in business. Be a good listener and always try to remain focused on them.

Completely agree however we have to be able to ask the correct questions to discover the needs and wants. We usually start by asking the customer, what areas of concern do you have or, what are your expectations? Repeat the concern with your solution back to the customer, then ask if they have any other concerns. Most of the time I get unseasoned sales people calling on me who like to talk and not listen. That’s exactly how you build abjections not relationships.

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is with repeat customers:

-When you get their car spotless, many expect them to stay that way for the next 10 years, and when they start to looking bad again after a couple months, they get upset, and call you a cheat.

-What can you do when something like happens, as sometimes they like to open their mouths and start making false aqusations.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doged
    Completely agree however we have to be able to ask the correct questions to discover the needs and wants. We usually start by asking the customer, what areas of concern do you have or, what are your expectations? Repeat the concern with your solution back to the customer, then ask if they have any other concerns. Most of the time I get unseasoned sales people calling on me who like to talk and not listen. That’s exactly how you build abjections not relationships.

Very good points.

Actually, I was looking at it more from the people side of things. You know, just being yourself and always trying to encourage any conversation that could help both you and the customer get to know each other a little better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    19 - Connect with your customers.

Your customers are the number one reason why you are in business. You need to do everything you can to get connected and stay connected with the needs and wants of your customers. In order to do that, there is nothing better than creating an environment where your customers can easily see that you are always willing to listen to what they have to say.

Think about it. It`s only when you truely listen to your customers that you can begin to learn how to serve them better and create a completely satisfying experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    what a great thread!

i`m not even close to being a pro detailer, but anyway, too many services out there will not take the time to inspect their own work carefully.

After I do a detail, I`ll ask someone to take a look at every part of the vehicle and write down everything they don`t like or that was missed. i find its easy to overlook your own mistakes, so someone else taking a look really helps, because they`ll try their hardest to find something wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think regularly checking this forum is great too. You need to really know the field well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information