Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work, Frank! I`ve found that taking pictures is a great idea. I have a nice photo album I can show new clients, lots of pics on my website and I can also e-mail pictures of a customer`s freshly detailed car(s) every 90 days as a reminder.

What is really funny is I have customers who have called me wanting to know when their car is going to be on my website!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    14 - Always be completely honest with your customers.

Be truthful. And above all, give your customers every reason why they should put their trust in you when it comes to taking care of detailing their car.

Don`t upset a customer by being rude and playing games. Say exactly what it is that you can do for them and then do exactly what you say.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is turning out to be an awesome thread! As Winter drags on by, and Spring approaches, I need to be thinking a lot about my new detailing business. I have a ways to go, but this thread is an inspiration to really put my nose to the grindstone. Thanks for all the great info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread. :up I`ll keep my eye on this thread. These are all things that can help me when I open my doors.

James

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently did a detail on a brand new Silverado, and the customer was impressed and wanted to keep it that way. So I told him about a maintenance program and he promptly signed up. However, winter weather=salt and dirt and snow in WI, and he doesn`t use his hose in the winter (although has a heated garage). I use QEW for winter, but it can only handle so much.

Basically I don`t know how to work it out that if his vehicle is really salty and dirty, how I can wash it?

Any suggestions?

I want to keep this customer as a regular-he`s great for referrals (having your car detailed is kind of a status symbol around here.... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Something I have done with my first few customers (I am just getting started) is I will mail them a quick thank you note with two or three buisness cards in the envelope and let them know to call me if they ever have any questions regarding their vehicles paint care.

Post Thanks / Like
    15 - Always plan to keep in touch with your customers.

For example, sending out reminder post cards will not only help your customers remember that it is time to maintain and protect the appearacnce of their vehicles, it will also help to provide you with a steady schedule of detailing appointments too. It is a good idea to schedule your mailings at least 4 times a year, usually with the change of each season. And it is always better to divide your mailings into groups, so that you do not have everyone responding at the same time. This will help to even out your scheduling.

Mailing out a newsletter is another good way of keeping in touch with your customers. A good newsletter also helps to create a professional image for your business.

You could also start a tradition of sending holiday greeting cards to each customer serviced during the past year. That is always a good way to keep in touch and at the same time, let your customers know that you sincerely appreciate their business.

Whatever you do, it is always a good idea to keep in touch with your customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition to what Frank said, e-mailing a picture of their vehicle or giving them an actual photograph is a neat way to give them a visual reminder of why your services are so important.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kompressornsc

:up

*And if anyone wants, I can do a post about getting the most for your money when buying promotional products-from an insider`s view
    Did you ever do this post, just curious - thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go!
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. these are some GREAT tips. Good to know this stuff as I just officially opened my business today. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    16 - Always display your true passion for detailing.

Let your customers see that you take a great deal of pride in your work. Being in the detailing business is not just about making money. Sure, it`s important to earn a profit and stay in business, but it`s equally important to take the time necessary to always provide outstanding results. And those results should be a reflection of your true passion for detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    14 - Always be completely honest with your customers.

Be truthful. And above all, give your customers every reason why they should put their trust in you when it comes to taking care of detailing their car.

Just thought I would share the following true story.

The other day while I was detailing a customer`s car I found a money envelope under the passenger seat. The envelope was folded up and looked like it had been under there for a long time. Inside the envelope were 3 twenty dollar bills. Well, needless to say I stuck the envelope in my pocket and continued to finish the job.

When I was done with the car I told my customer that `today is your lucky day` and handed her the envelope. I explained how I always look under the seats just to make sure that everything has been cleaned and vacuumed and that`s when I found the envelope.

To me, the look on her face was worth a million dollars. Of course, she thanked me, however, after that, she was basically speechless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank-this picture might interest you. Found a bundled stack of 20s in a Bentley.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott - That picture reminds me of the time I discovered a few hundred dollars worth of twenties folded and rubber banded together in a drivers door storage area. That time I asked my customer if there was a special reason why he would keep that much money out in the open in such an unsafe place. He replied that he had been collecting money for a raffle he was in charge of and figured that the door of his truck was as good a place as any to keep the money.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information