Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

IDA - International Detailing Association

Greetings kind folk of the autopia community.

Are there any members here who are (or have been) members of this organization? If so how did you benefit by being a member of the IDA.

Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IDA - International Detailing Association

You probably should go on the AG site and ask Mr. Phillips. He’s in with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    You probably should go on the AG site and ask Mr. Phillips. He’s in with them.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I am looking for input from members who are detailers, not sponsors.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always said that if and when the day comes a client asks me if I`m IDA certified is the day I`ll consider looking into IDA certification.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`ve always said that if and when the day comes a client asks me if I`m IDA certified is the day I`ll consider looking into IDA certification.
    No Truer or Wiser words were ever spoken !!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My sentiments exactly !!
    Dan F
    Likes RaskyR1, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IDA is not about how much more money can be made this month. IDA is not about who has the biggest ego.
    IDA is a world wide organization creating a positive image in the public`s mind--that takes time-years of dedication of thousands and big funding. It works with it`s members,developing and conducting training courses, business classes, etc, just the same as ASE, I-CAR, International Carwash Assoc.
    In 1989, a large group of us attempted to start such, the PDA, but due to lack of funds, we failed , then there were two more well intended additional startups, which failed quickly---main reason, people joined for selfish,personal reasons rather than the "long term goals" required to build and gain public acceptance of standards and ethics.IDA has survived and grown to having chapters around the world, has been acknowledged by other established automotive service organizations. If you would only join for immediate personal gain, are not willing to donate time and efforts to continue the huge growth of IDA, ---it is not for you!
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes mc2hill, bad penny, GearHead_1, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    IDA is not about how much more money can be made this month. IDA is not about who has the biggest ego.
    IDA is a world wide organization creating a positive image in the public`s mind--that takes time-years of dedication of thousands and big funding. It works with it`s members,developing and conducting training courses, business classes, etc, just the same as ASE, I-CAR, International Carwash Assoc.
    In 1989, a large group of us attempted to start such, the PDA, but due to lack of funds, we failed , then there were two more well intended additional startups, which failed quickly---main reason, people joined for selfish,personal reasons rather than the "long term goals" required to build and gain public acceptance of standards and ethics.IDA has survived and grown to having chapters around the world, has been acknowledged by other established automotive service organizations. If you would only join for immediate personal gain, are not willing to donate time and efforts to continue the huge growth of IDA, ---it is not for you!

Do members get a copy of the annual report showing what money came in and where it went?

I remember daddy telling me whenever someone says "it`s not about the money" what that really means is "IT`S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY" otherwise why mention it.

Post Thanks / Like

All is covered by the membership committee to vetted applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone seems pretty offended and serious about any perceived disrespect to the IDA. Geesh
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Someone seems pretty offended and serious about any perceived disrespect to the IDA. Geesh
    Heh heh, well...I, OTOH, would`ve done a "like/thank" for Ron Ketcham`s post if I did such stuff! I have zero interest in, nor had any knowledge of, the IDA, but after Ketch`s post I formed a (positive) opinion of the group.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    If I could look at their books for the past few years I might feel better about them. Until then I will definitely remain skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    All is covered by the membership committee to vetted applications.
    Is the IDA a non profit?
    What is your role with them?

Post Thanks / Like

I was interested, but when I repaired several jobs done by a past president of the ida, I decided not to be associated with them.
    Likes RaskyR1, JustJesus, glfnaz liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I was interested, but when I repaired several jobs done by a past president of the ida, I decided not to be associated with them.
    My, my, you certainly paint "everybody" with a big brush !!!
    Over a thousand IDA members, around the world and according to you, all are not up to your standards??

Post Thanks / Like

That is certainly not what I said, and if you sir were that concerned about the quality of your membership, you would’ve pm’d me. But by the tone of your responses , you must not be that confident in your certification process.I have seen the written test and was not impressed. I have several shops in my area that are supposedly ida certified shops using your logo. Again we have repaired the work. Maybe my standards are a little above just car cleaning?
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m chiming in. I just became Skills Validated last month. I love the idea of the IDA, but the certification process is too easy. It needs to be more comprehensive to actually get your SV. I hope that changes going forward. I believe that Mike Phillips does not certify anyone that has no actual class time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information