Post Thanks / Like

Upselling ceramic coatings

I posted over on autogeek about this as well. Just looking to see if anyone on here has any input.

With the upcoming summer season, I have some clients that like their vehicles detailed. Usually just interior detail with a wash, clay, and wax on the exterior.

I would like to try to upsell these clients ceramic coatings so it would be much easier to maintain these vehicles in the future. I`m mainly looking at applying CQUK 3.0.

How would I go about doing that? Tell them the features of coatings? How long they last?

Basically, I would like to know how to upsell the ceramic coatings by informing the client about the benefits of ceramic coatings.

Also, if anyone has a good maintenance plan for coatings could you share it please? That way I could suggest future maintenance to them as well.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upselling ceramic coatings

Whatever you do make sure you`re charging enough. You`ll have a few hours of labor just to install, not to mention the cost of materials.

Just explain the benefits of whatever coating you choose. How long it lasts, the ease of cleaning and most definitely the scratch/swirl resistance. It`ll be a bit of an investment for them but if you are doing a full detail and polish yearly, and with a coating can just simply wash it and hit the coating with a booster of some sort (reload if going with carpro) you can charge them less
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxreed241 View Post
    I posted over on autogeek about this as well. Just looking to see if anyone on here has any input.

With the upcoming summer season, I have some clients that like their vehicles detailed. Usually just interior detail with a wash, clay, and wax on the exterior.

I would like to try to upsell these clients ceramic coatings so it would be much easier to maintain these vehicles in the future. I`m mainly looking at applying CQUK 3.0.

How would I go about doing that? Tell them the features of coatings? How long they last?

Basically, I would like to know how to upsell the ceramic coatings by informing the client about the benefits of ceramic coatings.

Also, if anyone has a good maintenance plan for coatings could you share it please? That way I could suggest future maintenance to them as well.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Are you mobile?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Whatever you do make sure you`re charging enough. You`ll have a few hours of labor just to install, not to mention the cost of materials.

Just explain the benefits of whatever coating you choose. How long it lasts, the ease of cleaning and most definitely the scratch/swirl resistance. It`ll be a bit of an investment for them but if you are doing a full detail and polish yearly, and with a coating can just simply wash it and hit the coating with a booster of some sort (reload if going with carpro) you can charge them less
    Thanks for the tip! Can I PM you to discuss what a good price would be to install something like CQUK 3.0? I have done prep for coatings before (McKee`s 37). I`m actually polishing and preparing for another coat of it right now.

Coatings are definitely easier to wash and maintain the vehicle that`s why I`m interested in upselling to my clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Are you mobile?
    Yes. I would keep the vehicle overnight in either my garage or their`s. Whichever they prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I would keep the vehicle overnight in either my garage or their`s. Whichever they prefer.

I`d say 48 hours to be safe. Say "No" to any customer that doesn`t have a garage or doesn`t want their car at your house.
    Likes maxreed241, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks maxreed241 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just bring the topic up to them in conversation and also suggest they watch a video or 2 on them. Would also suggest purchasing an IR light to cure the coating. Less to worry about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Just bring the topic up to them in conversation and also suggest they watch a video or 2 on them. Would also suggest purchasing an IR light to cure the coating. Less to worry about.
    The video is a great idea! I have thought about this. But I wasnt sure if it was a good idea. I guess a visual would help a lot. How much is an IR?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Would you care to elaborate what type, brand, or maybe specific model of IR light that a mobile detailer could use?

Post Thanks / Like

I do a lot of mobile work and it works great. I don’t remember exact cost, but I know it was less than $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes maxreed241 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip! Can I PM you to discuss what a good price would be to install something like CQUK 3.0? I have done prep for coatings before (McKee`s 37). I`m actually polishing and preparing for another coat of it right now.

Coatings are definitely easier to wash and maintain the vehicle that`s why I`m interested in upselling to my clients.

By all means go right ahead
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    By all means go right ahead
    PM sent.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the purpose of selling a coating is selling extra protection and longevity. That being said, if you sell a coating you are costing yourself repeat business. For that reason, I`d consider a 1 year coating that provides protection but gives you a chance to have a yearly repeat customer. If they want a wash and gloss refresh, that`s fine, but to sell it as something that`s needed is questionable.

I`ve seen prices listed at over $1000 for defect removal and coating. Seems a bit steep to me but it`s market dependent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    IMO the purpose of selling a coating is selling extra protection and longevity. That being said, if you sell a coating you are costing yourself repeat business. For that reason, I`d consider a 1 year coating that provides protection but gives you a chance to have a yearly repeat customer. If they want a wash and gloss refresh, that`s fine, but to sell it as something that`s needed is questionable.

I`ve seen prices listed at over $1000 for defect removal and coating. Seems a bit steep to me but it`s market dependent.
    I don`t think it would cost me repeat business. It would help maintain that vehicle, the washing would be extremely easier.

I wouldn`t be selling it as something that`s needed, just something that could be beneficial for me and them in the long run. Me, easier washing and maintenance. Them, less out of pocket per maintenance wash because it`s easier to wash.

Thread Information