Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve mostly been using Google Adwords for my main marketing campaign, but it`s been slow (really slow) for the last 4 weeks and I want to start reaching out to other avenues. My background is in Sales and Marketing so I`ve used many different avenues to grow a business with someone else`s money, but now I have to find the best lead generation avenue for the top ROI. Some of the ways I`ve grown in the past were:

Vendor Sponsorships

Direct Mail

Radio

Valpak, MoneyMailer, Clipper Magazine

Magazines

etc...

My experiences with print media are usually good- in most cases you can hit 10`s to 100`s of thousands of people for under $2000. That`s a lot of exposure, but it takes consistency and frequency in mailings to see very positive results. Radio has nearly always been terrible, because it`s difficult to track, but vendor opportunities have always been good. I am able to meet people face to face, speak to them about issues or concerns they have and truly express my expertise and knowledge. This has been a great way to secure sales! None of the above options are cheap, but I`m sure some of you have used these same or similar avenues of advertising. Could you please share what you`ve done, what`s worked best and what`s not worked for you at all?

I`m thinking of sponsoring a few car shows in next couple of months for a few hundred $$`s, and have a few ideas of what I want to do there, but would love to know if anyone else has done this and what you did, as well.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki - “Marketing on the Internet” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...ml#post1447579
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my marketing tips, which have kept me booked out 2-3 months for years. Do a great job, be the best interior person in your area, after you`re done tell the customer if they like your work please spread the word. Talk to your customers and explain the differences between you and the "other guys." I`ve never spent money trying to grow my car detailing business. I just tried a car show to try and sell chemicals, 40 bucks for booth, minimal returns. Needless to say I`m a believer in doing a good job will net you more business then you`re able to do by yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    my experience with car shows is been on low return , i can say waist of time , most people who get there detail the car by themselves and are stubborn to accept anyone else to work on their car or to give them advice on "how to "

done right ,i would say forums generate you more business than a car show

usps has some cheaper rates for direct door mail , just get creative with your flyer and you have chance to rich a lot of people and some returns. focus on maintenance packages.

also get your car warped up
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Thread Information