Post Thanks / Like
    I am having a Grand Opening for my shop on the 4th of July and was hoping to get some opinions or suggestions from you guys here. My shop is located in the center of town on the main strip. During the morning there will be a parade going on with tons of people and after that I plan to do my grand opening. I have had a meeting with the city and plan to have the Mayor, Town Commissioners, managers, etc to be there and they want to do the cutting of the ribbon. I figured the 4th of July will be my best opportunity because there will be thousands of people here for it already. My plan is to have food (basic hot dogs, chips and drink), either a band or PA system (haven`t decided), cruise in or just a handful of classic cars, exotics, motorcycles on display, a raffle to win a wash and van service and a sample kit of detail supplies and microfibers.

I also want to have a few things on display such as a hood with half of it restored and sealed with Opti Guard and the other half left alone, headlight before and after, wheel polished (half and half), etc etc.

I`d love to hear some people`s suggestions on what I should do or have. Since I plan to start the retail side of my business sometime later this year, I will have some kits put together to sell or show off so people can see what I use and sell. Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and good luck.

Having a car with several areas half done, like a seat, a carpet, the dash, a floor mat, hood, door, etc. for side by side comparisons on display at the time of the parade would draw attention. Perhaps a few exotics parked in front would certainly draw attention if you know anyone willing to let their car be parked there. The parade would be a good time to advertise a cruise in for a weekend shortly after. You could also have a "meet and learn" weekend where people can bring in their cars to learn how to properly maintain it. Allow them to wash their own car using some of your products as a trial. That could help your retail and help them realize how much work actually goes into detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nth Degree, I will take some of this into consideration! I plan to start doing cruise ins every month there for the hot rod guys so hopefully that drums up some business as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulation and wish you lost of success!

Post Thanks / Like
    What city are you located in?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the business

It might be worth trying to get an old beater and polish half to perfection. It seems to be common in adverts to show some exotic car which looks perfect but these can be hard to relate too. A very cheap car is something everyone can relate with

Thread Information