Post Thanks / Like
    I was just approached by Ralph`s (Kroger) here in San Diego about running a coupon on the back of the stores receipts. Do people actually use those? And being that I am NOT a drive thru (100% Hand Wash) do you think it can be an effective form of advertising? Most of the samples they showed me were from local gas stations that have a drive thru option.

Any thoughts!

Joe-Owner

SoCal Mobile Auto Detail

www.TheSoCalWay.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    dont waste your time....nobody looks at those...besides do u really wanna cater to penny pinchers?
    PRISTINE DETAILS

SERVING THE ENTIRE S.F. BAY AREA

Marco (Owner/Operator)

Post Thanks / Like
    I never look at them.... but I figured someone may. Don`t wanna cater to them but, I need to get people thru the doors. Just a thought.

Thanks!
    Joe-Owner

SoCal Mobile Auto Detail

www.TheSoCalWay.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried this 5 years ago, and it was the biggest waste of money EVER for advertising. We still talk about how that was the worst waste of money.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A guy just called me 2 days ago from Platinum Publishing. He said they have some type of book that is handed out to the members of 8 or so local private golf courses and they were running a "special" due to just recently being asked to add a "preferred detailer" to the book. "Normally" the rate was $900 but he could "work a special price" for me based on the short time frame and it would "only" be $290.

I said, "yyyyeeeNO thank you".

I looked up platinumpublishing and people said that when you call the specific courses the said they give the books to, none of them had ever heard of platinumpublishing. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    I tried this 5 years ago, and it was the biggest waste of money EVER for advertising. We still talk about how that was the worst waste of money.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Many Market Research agencies have done in-depth studies into this, and confirmed that the majority of people surveyed, DID NOT bother to look at the back sides of these receipts. Text is often too small, too cluttered, and trying to cram too much stuff into small space. Many receipts ended up thrown away (at home) while still inside the empty shopping bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info... After doing a little more research and from your responses I have decided that I am going to pass.

Thanks guys!
    Joe-Owner

SoCal Mobile Auto Detail

www.TheSoCalWay.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally look at them all the time, but I`d have to agree that most people probably do not. I`d spend my marketing dollars elsewhere.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    I personally look at them all the time, but I`d have to agree that most people probably do not. I`d spend my marketing dollars elsewhere.

CAn you share with me where you have had the most success spending your advertising dollars?

Thanks!
    Joe-Owner

SoCal Mobile Auto Detail

www.TheSoCalWay.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I know in PA some guy did a groupon thing....and from the way the deal went through a lot of people bought em up...but umm...i think it would have to border along high volume work (which will more than likely equate to half-fast work) I think it was advertised as 80 or 89 bux for 4 hours.

Obviously, I can`t exactly say whether the detailer who did it high-quality work, but, I mean, I would be hard pressed to blame the guy for doing a 1 stepper
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesocalway
    CAn you share with me where you have had the most success spending your advertising dollars?

Thanks!
    Unaddressed ad-mail, by far. Newspaper got me ZERO customers. I have yet to try local radio, although I don`t think it will yield results as good as unaddressed ad-mail.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesocalway

Thanks!

Advertisements and advertorials in high-end car magazines, and especially car tuner magazines.

The advertorials shd be educational in nature that creates awareness amongst readers.

Get involved with car clubs. Do a full job completely free on the club presidents` cars. Attend their gatherings and meetings. Sponsor any car club-related activities.

Forget the newspapers....it`s too "untargeted".

Thread Information