Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my business for almost a year now, detailing strictly cars only. I want to start offering RV detailing for the fall season when all the snow birds come down to Florida.

How should I appoach this plan?

What equipments, tools, chemicals do I need?

What the difference between detailing RV`s and detailing a car?

Any additional information appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    RV detailing isn`t worth it by a loooong shot. You`ll have to get all new chemicals meant for RV`s (mequires makes a decent full line up) THen learn and understand about them. ( I see a ton of post on here from guys that think they know how to detail RV"s but it`s very clear they have zero clues about how to actually do it) You`ll have to completly relearn how to detail because the processes are so vastly different (and yet so close to the same most don`t get it) You`ll have to be comfortable going up and down a ladder all day long. ( I consider myself a rather fast paced detailer and it still takes an average of 3 full work days for even a simple RV`s in good condition to do properly if it`s oxidized forget about anything else for the rest of the week) You`ll need a heated pressure washer and chemicals to get on top and properly clean off the rooftops and those nasty black streaks that won`t come off during wash (no point in doing an RV at all if you can`t get the roof top back to squeeky clean) And then finally to make it worth it you seriously have to charge out the nose just to break even. And most customers won`t even bother if you quote them over $200. So in my experience it`s just not worth it at all to even bother.

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you think about only offering:washing and waxing of Rv`s? Are those services profitable?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do it, but don`t get a lot of call for anything more then a general wash/vac/window. When someone does want to get a detail done, I let them know the RV`s are NOT flat rate. I switch to hourly because I found that they are a wild card, time wise.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.P.D.
    what do you think about only offering:washing and waxing of Rv`s? Are those services profitable?

Yes, wash/wax is profitable and charging by the linear foot has worked well for me. I don`t do machine polishing of gelcoat- too many variables and inconsistencies, lots of product and wear on equipment; and I`ll reiterate the same theory I`ve used before. Those who can afford polishing of their RV generally don`t need it, and those that need it the RV is rarely worth the high cost.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Replied to the PMs.

Thread Information