Post Thanks / Like
    I just started my business mobile recently and trying to determine the most effective way to advertise. I`m curious as to see what works and doesnt work for everyone.

I currently have the following : Flyers, Business Cards, and a Website, I`m getting ready to place an ad in a local paper. I`ve limited myself as to "there`s only so many places" you can hand out or post a flyer or business card without talking to someone.

I know theres not TOO much more you can hand out.. but im open for ideas and curious to see what others biggest return for advertisement as been.

Post Thanks / Like
    word of mouth is really the only effective way. I`ve tried it all. A few hits here and there but mostly money tossed out the window. Get a good website to showcase you`re work and let the word from satisfied customers spread like wildfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go around to local auto businesses, and let them know what you do. You`ll get some referrals here and there. Forget the yellow pages, the biggest waste of money ever.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re mobile, then you could wrap your car/truck with your business logos/design. That`s usually the most eye catching.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar to Josh`s idea, a cheaper alternative would be the magnetic door hangs. Only thing is if you got that advertisement right on the vehicle I would make sure your vehicle looks tip top at all times.

Post Thanks / Like
    -Website (if you need help pm me)

-Business cards

-Clean detailing rig

-Nice logo on your rig

97' Chevy Silverado 4x4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qwkgtp
    Similar to Josh`s idea, a cheaper alternative would be the magnetic door hangs. Only thing is if you got that advertisement right on the vehicle I would make sure your vehicle looks tip top at all times.

Now I totally agree with tip top, but in my case I got a 95` Chevy silverado 4x4 for a work truck, driver`s side was wrecked.

So it has a dented up bed and twisted front bumper and mirror missing. I have been worried about this lately on how I present myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just having a website won`t as you`ve discovered create a huge number of customers.

You should appear easily enough in very specific searches such as for a detailer in your area.

But generally its more a place to showcase your work, somewhere where people who`ve already heard of you, by word of mouth, signage etc can go and learn more about you before they commit time or money.

I`ve limited myself as to "there`s only so many places" you can hand out or post a flyer or business card without talking to someone.
    Interesting turn of phrase. You are in a people business, why would you not want to talk to potential customers?
    I can`t believe you kiss your car good night.

C`mon baby tell me-you must be jokin`, right!
    Shania Twain

Citroen BX `88, Lomax 223 `85, Citroen 11BN `56

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the general response so far everyone, good ideas!

As for the question above about the "phrase"

I was trying to make a reference of ways to distribute flyers, cards, etc without being able to talk to everyone in say... an big office building, or doctors office.. places of that nature. I think handing one flyer or card to a receptionist is a waste of time, (Don`t get me wrong, I still hand them out to the receptionists) for the fact that you don`t know if they actually hung your cards or flyers in the break room or what not.

I`d much rather talk to my potential customer

Post Thanks / Like
    We get a fair share of business online. But, I have yet to get one higher-end detail - $3-5k - anywhere but word-of mouth. I think most are going to be hard-pressed to find someone with a $220k - $2m car willing to turn it over and be prepared to pay that kinda jack to someone they`ve gotten from an ad.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    This a good question. Even though its somewhat costly, I prepared packets/packages in the 8x10 envelopes that I send to prospective customers that I know will be coming in for the lower-end details, anything higher than an exterior detail gets face to face meetings and inspections etc etc..
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Thread Information