Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My account got deleted?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am on there. I will evaluate weather or not i want to go full bore .
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    http://autopia.org/directory/Coronad...ducts-all.html

(The link in your post)

Has a fatal mysql error.

( Fatal error: mysql error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near `` at line 1] in EXECUTE("SELECT * FROM pmd_offers WHERE firmselector=NULL ORDER BY num LIMIT ") in /var/www/vhosts/autopia.org/httpdocs/directory/includes/adodblite/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 77 )
    LI Detailers - www.lidetailers.com

Long Island Mobile Cars, Trucks, SUV`s Detailing Facebook

psdSHOW - www.psdshow.com

Professional web design and seo services Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    YIKES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
    http://autopia.org/directory/Coronad...ducts-all.html

(The link in your post)

Has a fatal mysql error.

( Fatal error: mysql error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near `` at line 1] in EXECUTE("SELECT * FROM pmd_offers WHERE firmselector=NULL ORDER BY num LIMIT ") in /var/www/vhosts/autopia.org/httpdocs/directory/includes/adodblite/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 77 )

Post Thanks / Like
    First off...........thanks for doing this David!

Next, where will the directory link be on the home page of autopia? I assume you wont have to be registered to view this directory?

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    First off...........thanks for doing this David!

Next, where will the directory link be on the home page of autopia? I assume you wont have to be registered to view this directory?

Cheers,

GREG

Greg,

Great questions.

I`m creating a new module now that will export listings and products to the home page and other pages (undecided what "other pages" will be at this point. So, the directory will get lots of exposure. Plus, I`m looking at the idea of profit sharing with other forum owners for running our directory ads on their site.

When I go live with this new product, it will be in the main navigation in the header. I am also planning a widget on the home page called "Find A Detailer" that will allow people to enter their zip code and be shown a list of detailers in their area (by zip code radius search).

I`m building a list of more than 1,000 professional detailers that I will announce the new system to. So, I think I gave the current Autopia detailers a nice little bonus with the free upgrade. My hope is that you all will return the favor by creating good looking ads. Rest assured, if I bring the clients and they see a crap ad next to a nice one... they will not be calling the crap ad.

Perhaps I made a mistake giving these ads away because something free has no value. Sure seems that way as very few of the free listings have even so much as a logo or a picture of the detailer`s work.

Let me drop you pros a blunt hint... Autopia.org gets 95,000 unique visitors to its home page a month. Very few of those people are regulars (ratio of about 8:1). To give you a ref point, the Meguiars.com web site gets fewer than 35,000 unique visitors per month.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

Perhaps I made a mistake giving these ads away because something free has no value. Sure seems that way as very few of the free listings have even so much as a logo or a picture of the detailer`s work.

I think a number of other member`s are waiting for the system to be `near launch` to spruce up our ads. I know I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me drop you pros a blunt hint... Autopia.org gets 95,000 unique visitors to its home page a month. Very few of those people are regulars (ratio of about 8:1). To give you a ref point, the Meguiars.com web site gets fewer than 35,000 unique visitors per month.

db

Hmmm....I appreciate it, David. :clap:

I have a logo but no detailed photos yet. Easy fix, I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    I think myself and a number of other entries are waiting for the system to be `near launch` to spruce up our ads. I know I am.

Nothing will change with the database format. You won`t loose anything you add today.

Launch day is Monday. I`m going to power through to get this thing finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

Great questions.

I`m creating a new module now that will export listings and products to the home page and other pages (undecided what "other pages" will be at this point. So, the directory will get lots of exposure. Plus, I`m looking at the idea of profit sharing with other forum owners for running our directory ads on their site.

When I go live with this new product, it will be in the main navigation in the header. I am also planning a widget on the home page called "Find A Detailer" that will allow people to enter their zip code and be shown a list of detailers in their area (by zip code radius search).

I`m building a list of more than 1,000 professional detailers that I will announce the new system to. So, I think I gave the current Autopia detailers a nice little bonus with the free upgrade. My hope is that you all will return the favor by creating good looking ads. Rest assured, if I bring the clients and they see a crap ad next to a nice one... they will not be calling the crap ad.

db

David, not sure if I can link this here but I am just looking to see if you had any other advice. I have used just about every character I am allowed and I tested to see if I could throw some CSS in there (you cant).

Car Detailing & Svc. | Automotive Detailing Centers | DoubleTake | Autopia Directory

I need to make a PDF flyer of our services before I can add that and post some of our after pics.

I doubt I can use img tags can i?

edit: nope no img tags, I don`t want to try and break anything else to make my ad stand out.

Also, the silver package doesn`t allow any images so I could only add an image in the product section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing will change with the database format. You won`t loose anything you add today.

Launch day is Monday. I`m going to power through to get this thing finished.

ahh. Well then it`s time to get a few pictures read.

:sign

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k2blackWRX
    David, not sure if I can link this here but I am just looking to see if you had any other advice. I have used just about every character I am allowed and I tested to see if I could throw some CSS in there (you cant).

Car Detailing & Svc. | Automotive Detailing Centers | DoubleTake | Autopia Directory

I need to make a PDF flyer of our services before I can add that and post some of our after pics.

I doubt I can use img tags can i?

edit: nope no img tags, I don`t want to try and break anything else to make my ad stand out.

Also, the silver package doesn`t allow any images so I could only add an image in the product section.

Allowing you to add CSS or any advanced HTML would be paramount to me turning over my website look and feel to you. It is simply too risky, and frankly, allowing too much freedom just makes for a junky looking directory.

I`m working on a tabbed template now for content display that I think will make listings look much nicer. I have not decided at what level I will offer the new tabbed template (Platinum for sure).

db

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I add an image? I was looking for it but couldn`t figure it out.

Never mind, I found it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive tried to add an image but I click on edit my listing and it wont go back to where i need to add the image! It will only let me edit my name and location!

I was on my laptop when i created the account and my documents are on my home computer so i had to wait till i got home to add the pics/logo etc! I wanted to try and get in the 50 first so i can get a silver membership so i just put in the basics and figured once i got home id add the rest! Any tips on how to edit my listing??

EDIT::: there is an EDIT/VIEW link in the blue bar i clicked that and got to add pics!!:woohoo:
    :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I applaud Tyler for "getting it" :2thumbs:

Car Detailing & Svc. | Mobile Detailers | Custom Detailer/Mobile Detailing | Autopia Directory

You image does the job!!!

:hifive:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information