Post Thanks / Like
    I figured that coatings really seem to be gaining traction in the detailing world so I thought I would dedicate a webpage to each so I could really promote them. Have a look and let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good Mike. Our prices for OC look pretty close. Are you only offering the OC with warranty? I`m offering with or without, customer`s choice. I`m not listing prices on my website, only quoting after I see the vehicle, but the way I`m doing it is set amount for the coating per size of the vehicle and an hourly charge for any prep/correction and a set price (still tbd) for the warranty. I`ve been a bit out of the loop for the past few weeks working on other projects, but now getting back into gear with the detailing, so I`ll be in touch soon.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in the process of doing the same think, but only with Opti-Coat. I`m not going miss out on the coating crazy, and see it a way to get some customers that are not looking for regular detailing, but would be interested in long lasting protection.

Great move!
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really nice. I just added info to my site a few days ago myself. Though, I didn`t add pages, just a tab on my services page.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Grasa
    Looks pretty good Mike. Our prices for OC look pretty close. Are you only offering the OC with warranty? I`m offering with or without, customer`s choice. I`m not listing prices on my website, only quoting after I see the vehicle, but the way I`m doing it is set amount for the coating per size of the vehicle and an hourly charge for any prep/correction and a set price (still tbd) for the warranty. I`ve been a bit out of the loop for the past few weeks working on other projects, but now getting back into gear with the detailing, so I`ll be in touch soon.

Yes rich starting out this spring/early summer I am only doing warranty and only doing it on cars less than 12mos old as per warranty. I want to get a feel for it before I start dealing with cars in rougher shape. Same deal with finest new/newer cars only at first. Once the weather clears up I have a few cars I`m doing. Once I get some installs under my belt I will expand what I am doing with the coatings. I think I will ultimately drop finest or pro but I want to give both products and both programs an honest try before I decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    stick with Opti-guard/opticoat without the warranty...I dont see how it would apply anyway, but thats just me. My clients have no problem knowing there is no warranty after being able to go online and hear all the rave reviews about the coating I offer (I dont promote opticoat)

you shouldnt have a problem doing it on trashed cars either...

explain the process and what it does

explain that any paint condition UNDER the opticoat will be permanent and if they dont want to see the swirls and holograms, it needs to have paint correction done PRIOR to the opticoating. Obviously that is at an paint correction rate, whether its hourly or your normal package rate. The coating application is an additional flat rate charge per vehicle. There is a need to charge a decent amount considering you will be losing out on maintenance business for the next couple years, so you cant just add $50-$100 per application.

One step = 300

opticoat application = 400

total bill = 700

the added benefits of opticoat sell itself and make the 400 worth it in the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is deffiantly a market for both products. I would stick with both finest and OC. CQuartz ifind is for people who have higher end cars and like to have them polished and straightened out every couple years. It also has a tad more gloss compared to OC.

Thread Information