Post Thanks / Like
    Which Quickbooks version do most of you use? I am on a Mac so will have to go with this format but what I am unsure of is Online vs. Quickbooks Pro 2012. Online is nice to access anywhere plus more features but very expensive after a year. The software one (Pro) is nice because it`s permanent and I can use it for 5 years or more if I want without having to upgrade, plus I hear with online that if you upgrade you start from scratch pretty much and lose a lot of data. The way I figured to get around the mobile problem is to just use my remote desktop program on my phone where I log into my computer that is at home while at the shop... My CPA recommended the software but said to further look into it in case I want online... I have been going without Quickbooks this whole time and doing OK but think it`s time to make the purchase in the next month once business picks up. Also keep in mind that I do detailing AND soon starting a retail side to my business selling detail materials (I already carry things like Grit Guards, microfibers, brushes, etc and sell kits to my customers).

So, what do you guys use and prefer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Also any experience with Quickbooks Pro 2012 vs Quickbooks for Mac? I just noticed there is no Pro for Mac just plain Quickbooks. Not sure if there are the same add ons, etc because I see that with Pro I can get an add on for a mobile device and 24/7 support plus Payroll, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Pro 2011 and the payroll service, never tried the online version mainly because of cost. I back-up to Google Drive so that I can easily use the same file on my home computer when I need without using a usb key. Intuit drops support for a Quickbooks version every 3 years but even if you upgrade every three years it is cheaper to use that instead of the online version.

Something to consider, and I don`t know the answer, but since you`ll have two business units you`ll want to see if the online version is extra for adding a second file. In the normal version you can have a second company file at no extra cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    We use QB Pro for Mac, and really like it. We also have a Time Capsule for automatic backup, plus cloud, and separate hard drive for more info backups. I have been very happy with both.

Post Thanks / Like
    How hard is it to set up the cloud backup deal? Time Capsule is just an external hard drive correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn F.
    How hard is it to set up the cloud backup deal? Time Capsule is just an external hard drive correct?

I had a tech set both up. Didn`t take too long though. The Time Capsule is pretty awesome because it backs up automatically via wifi. You don`t ever have to plug anything in, it does everything automatically. I have the same set up at home.

John

Thread Information