Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

wanted to let you know I stopped by a condo complex the other day and spoke to leasing management. I asked if they had a community bulletin board I could put some cards up on. They said no, but told me to give them 50 business cards and they would put them in the mailing vouchers for all the residents. I was pumped! I also gave them a 20% off gift card if I got any clients from there to give them the extra push. Anyone else have any success with condo complexes? Anyway, just wanted to share.
    www.gemstonedetail.com

getting you from point A to point B...in style

Post Thanks / Like
    Did this bring you any new business ?
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea. It only cost you 50 business cards and a little bit of time, well worth the investment. Even if you only get a couple of details it will be worth it, not to mention the brand recognition it will bring you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod66paul
    Did this bring you any new business ?

not yet. this was only a few days ago. Don`t think management has sent them out yet. I got a list of about 30 condo complexes in my area. I plan to hit them all. I`ll keep you posted.
    www.gemstonedetail.com

getting you from point A to point B...in style

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried this with apartment complexes. Many of the office workers were very helpful. I even sweetened the pot for them by offering a free detail for the office employee(s) for each 10 customers I gained from them. They put cards and flyers in newsletters, on bulletin boards and in new move-in packets. Huge flop.

I learned from that experience that paper advertising in this business isn`t worth a fraction of what visibility of your work is. For all the time and $ I spent doing that advertising I could have offered to do a free detail for someone in a high traffic area and gotten a lot more response. If you don`t have a car to be working on there is not substitute for talking directly to people about their cars. Simply hang out in a grocery store parking lot from 5-7 p.m. on a weekday and break the ice by complimenting people on their car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to start marketing to condo complexes once I get back into the mobile thing. I used to live in a complex, we had hoses to wash our cars, but then they took the hoses away because some people didn`t shut the outside water off during the winter and the pipes burst. Now that we have ONR, I think it would be a good idea to find the complexes without outside hoses and market heavily to them that we can come to them with our own water supply.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    In San Diego most complexes do not allow tenants or outside vendors to wash/detail vehicles on-site. UNLESS... you are a waterless company. I have several contracts with the high end management companies in my town and have been able to squeeze my competitors out of this business avenue. Because of this, I went from having 2 vans out daily to 4, business is good!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    San Diego Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Mobile
    In San Diego most complexes do not allow tenants or outside vendors to wash/detail vehicles on-site. UNLESS... you are a waterless company. I have several contracts with the high end management companies in my town and have been able to squeeze my competitors out of this business avenue. Because of this, I went from having 2 vans out daily to 4, business is good!

I`d like to hear more about this. Are you doing ONR washes or traditional washes with a Re-Claim system? How did you go about approaching these management companies?

Thread Information