Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I just recently launched my mobile detailing business and I am wondering what the best way to build up business is. I plan on targeting all the used car dealerships in the area this week to get some initial accounts (fingers crossed), but other than that how does one go about building business? Although ive read on here fliers on cars dont work, my curiosity got the best of me and you guys were right:nono:.. No luck from that. How about fliers in mailboxes? I know a huge portion of this business comes from word of mouth, which im ok with because everyone`s car ive done has been more than satisfied and spread the word. But Id like to get the word out and compete with these crappy drive thru`s and handwash establishments. THanks for your advice in advance:thumb:

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    If craigslist is big in your area you might want to make a good looking ad and re-post it every 2 days...make sure it looks good and you use correct spelling, etc. I get 50% of my wash and wax type jobs from craigslist. Craigslist will for the most part bring you the bargin hunter, but in the beginning it is a good way to build business. Here is a link to one of the craigslist ads I currently run, but I switch it up often to keep it fresh.

Also, a proper website that ranks high with google will bring in the business...do a search on here for SEO strategies (there was a thread a couple months ago with really good info). My detailing website is basic, but it gets the job done and ranks on first page of google. The company I used designed it, hosts it, and includes the domain name for $144 per year and you can make changes to the site yourself after the site is built. PM me if you want the contact info for "my guy" at the website company.

Other than that, go to audio shops, tint shops, body shops, car dealers, wheel shops, car repair shops, etc and ask if you can leave some flyers on the counter or in the waiting area...most of them will let you if you offer to give the owner/manager a deal on detailing their personal vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you CLEARLY define who your target market is and what your unique selling point is. Based on the answers to those questions, you can better construct a marketing plan. If your target market is dealerships, you can start with a personal letter to the used car manager and follow-up with a phone call. If your target market is busy professionals who are enthusiastic about their cars, Internet (Google) presence is very important. Good customer reviews, blog articles etc. that can be found online by your prospects, give people confidence in your company. There is much more to marketing to just reaching prospects though. I suggest you read "Guerrilla Marketing" by Jay Conrad Levinson.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome insights guys! Thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice web site JPostal! You got all that for $144 a year?

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Nice web site JPostal! You got all that for $144 a year?

Yep, $144 a year. All you do is pick a template, send in your content and they set it up for you. They will also customize the layout and design a logo for you at an additional cost. After it is set up it is fairly easy to updated content and make basic changes...best $144 I have spent for marketing purposes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vista Print has a lot of good marketing tools to help with small businesses. I recently purchased 100 postcards from them that I`m going to mail to businesses (mostly law firms and doctor`s offices) in my area. I thought that would be a good start. I`ll repost if it was successful or not. I`ve also purchased business cards and door magnets (great for mobile detailers) and a website. I purchased the basic package for my website for only $4.99 a month. It definately meets my needs for now. Cape`s Go To Guys Auto Detailing - Home

Post Thanks / Like
    On a footnote, I resisted Craigslist for years. Recently, I rotated three different ads for about three months. I got nothing but SPAM. It is FREE, but if you are not reaching the right target market, what good is it. The people who purchase detailing services seem to be influenced by other marketing channels other than Craigslist.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Craigslist may not have worked for you, but I can tell you that it has worked great for me. I think it depends on your area...everybody uses CL where I live. I have yet to sell a high end detail through CL, but I get plenty of $100 wash and wax type jobs...I even picked up 2 dealer accounts through craigslist. What can it hurt to try it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up. Putting fliers in a mailbox is not legal. Nothing is allowed in a mailbox unless it has paid postage. You could probably figure out how I know this.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.. I am getting some door hangers made up to hang at all the apt complex`s in my area. I big part of my target market are those who do not have access to water and the supplies to wash their vehicle at their location. This is going to be my first effort. Has anyone tried this? I will report back with results:xyxthumbs

Thread Information