Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to say this but there have been many, many lazy people who simply copy and paste content from one person`s site to another, without even giving the original owners credit. What you lazy idiots don`t realize is that the original writers of content can easily track their content throughout the entire internet for their hard work and will prosecute when needed. This is just a warning to those out there who are doing this. Plagiarism cannot be tolerated and it is unfair to those who spend the time to do it. I`m sorry for the rant friends of autopia but this is a problem that is getting worse. If you like the content of somebody else`s site, do the following:

1. give them credit for the content (ex: xfire from xyz company has a great article on ...)

2. ask the original owner if you can use their content

Consequences include:

1. reduced credibility in the community

2. lack of professionalism

3. ban from showing in search engines

4. legalities from plagiarism
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    I found my detailing write-up and product list on other sites, usually the post is followed by multiple "you stole that from Scottwax" posts. :lol
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I found my detailing write-up and product list on other sites, usually the post is followed by multiple "you stole that from Scottwax" posts. :lol

LOL! The difference is I am getting many detailing sites taking exact content from other sites...there is nowhere to post a comment and say "this post is stolen" because it`s on another detailers site. So readers of the site think that this beautifully written post is from the owner of the website that they are reading, when in reality the post is from a detailer from another site.
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an article copied word for word by a semi-reputable detailer and posted to an exotic forum. I never pursued any legal action nor did I bash the guy, but I did try to get in touch and simply let him know it`s wrong and next time to just ask... he never responded to 2-3PMs and an email. Oh well.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i would go back on there to the site where he posted and light him up! Thats BS. its just like when that guy used my pics on his site...and then was dumb enough to post up on here (where he stole them from) and ask how everyone liked it.

some stuff and info is common knowledge, but using someone elses pics and passing them off as your own, that deserves some money payment IMO. next time it happens, I will persue it! I worked with someone else in a different industry and he stole a pic and changed some things in it to make it his, but the owner of the pic found out and was awarded some cash through small claims I believe...thats no joke and totally not worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing goes on with landscapers too, over on Lawnsite there was a big issue of guys stealing pictures of beatiful lawns and posting them on their website like they did them. Funny thing - it didn`t take long before they were busted. Anybody want to see the best lawns ever?

go to http://www.elmlawnsite.com/ - the guy that did these passed away a few years back but his giant contribution to lawn care is still around on lawnsite.com
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen amazingly similar copy of that on my website, show up on other sites. Honestly, it is not very easy to prove that it was stolen, but it looks that way. The truth is, that detailing remains an industry that is easy to enter by anyone seeking to make quick "buck". Many of these fly-by-night businesses are not smart enough, or willing to take the time to do it themselves. I try not to worry about it, but rather concentrate on distinguishing my self from these types of people.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to watermark your pictures so it`s at least a little bit harder for people to steal them, or when they do, you have proof it`s yours with the watermark.

How to prevent website plagiarsim

Post Thanks / Like
    Interweb or not, it`s wrong to steal someone else`s work. I understand and completely agree with watermarking, but you shouldn`t HAVE to do it.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually these morons have crappy, unprofessional websites. They will be gone in less than a year when people start to discover they are frauds, with horrible quality and service.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about some links? I`d love to see some examples. It`s not like you`d be hurting any honest businessman.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This. I don`t care about it very much. As annoying as it is, for us, it`s not a huge threat. Just a speed bump.

Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    Usually these morons have crappy, unprofessional websites. They will be gone in less than a year when people start to discover they are frauds, with horrible quality and service.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    It is illegal but in the internet forum type plagiarism the copyright owner is not going to have much recourse since a lot has to do with damages (like lost revenue) unless it is on a grand scale (like selling copies of movies, etc). The best you probably can do is get the posts removed by forum owners so the real course of action is to protect yourself (watermarks, etc).

I do not think you could get the arrested so you will have to pay lawyers to send cease and desist type warnings etc but then if they do not stop you have to take them to court. You may win but unless you make money off your copyrighted material it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Might I suggest installing a `no right click` on your websites? google it and copy/paste the code into all your pages.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Thread Information