Thread: Window tinting?

Post Thanks / Like
    In the next few days i will be offering window tinting to my services....does anybody else offer window tinting?
    PRISTINE DETAILS

SERVING THE ENTIRE S.F. BAY AREA

Marco (Owner/Operator)

Post Thanks / Like
    We do window tinting, and it`s quite a good business IF you`re good. We use 3M window tint, what do you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    We do window tinting, and it`s quite a good business IF you`re good. We use 3M window tint, what do you use?

Yep....margins for tint-film services are great!

I use Llumar tint films in my shop.

Unfortunately, there`s lots of lower-grade Korean-made films that`s sold at much lower prices and many consumers looking for budget films are attracted to the budget-pricing of these Korean films marketed under loads of self-concocted brand names.

Pls note that for el cheapo but "quality" films, these still offer good "effect".

But after a certain period, their "effectiveness" deteriorates.

The genuinely good stuff (3M, Llumar, HuperOptik etc) are able to maintain this level of "effectiveness" for its entire life.

Well, I guess you get what you pay for:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    what film % do u guys keep in stock?.....i will be stocking 50%, 35%, 20%, and 5%
    PRISTINE DETAILS

Marco (Owner/Operator)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had my own shop, I would start tinting again. I think its a good fit for a detailer to offer tinting (if they have the capacity/skill) since the enviroment should be clean and free of dust compared to that of a stereo shop (dusty/dirty).

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the late reply. That looks like a good setup of tint, but you will also need 15% and maybe 12% for tint to match front windows on SUV`s. Best of luck.

John

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody recommend a good place for window tint training? I hate how all the sites on line use the promise of huge profit potential to sell their course instead of actually describing what the course is all about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    Can anybody recommend a good place for window tint training? I hate how all the sites on line use the promise of huge profit potential to sell their course instead of actually describing what the course is all about.
    That`s how those courses are sold, even the good ones. Call the various places and ask questions. See if you can talk directly to the instructor. After calling two or three places, you`ll start to get a feel for who`s offering serious training vs who`s just grabbing your money.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal

you dont need any classes, im been teaching myself. i bought a starter kit for $300 and i been practicing on my own rides and all of my buddies.
    PRISTINE DETAILS

Marco (Owner/Operator)

Post Thanks / Like
    I sub it out to a good shop next to my place. They Carry 50% 35% 15% 5%. Most people will get 35% of 15% on there vehicles down here, they is the 50% on older peoples vehicle that dont want it to be dark or over the whole windshield. 5% is used for the window stripe or on the all the windows beside the driver and passagner windows but you cant really see anything out of 5% film and isnt really safe

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been detailing for over 15 years and have never really pushed window tinting until recently. People are very cheap and want the lowest price, but when the windows don`t come out perfect, they`re likely to complain. If you are not very good at tinting or don`t have a great tint technician, I don`t really think it`s worth promoting because you will be re-doing jobs just to make the customer happy, which obviously takes time and time is money. I recently hooked up with an awesome tint guy, so I have promoting it and haven`t had any issues.

I think paint protection film (clear-bra`s) are an even better add-on service which has greater profit potential. I push a ton of these and they are a good money maker. I charge less than a dealership would, do a better job and still make a profit. It`s a win win for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Window tinting can be very profitable we have been doing it for over 25 years never had any training but by training with someone it will certainly give you a leg up. I had a friend of mine from Steamboat train with Stan Foster and he was very pleased with the training he got.

The one thing with window tint is you will find that most people want there windows blacked out so be sure to check with local laws to cover yourself .

Thread Information