Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a customer call me for pricing on 3 limos. These limos are not small...

Anyone have an idea of how much you would generally charge for just washing, rims/tires and waxing? Never had someone ask me about pricing on limos lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely depends on the scope of the work, and what your expenses are. Obviously a wash and vacuum is not going to take as long as a full detail.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    Completely depends on the scope of the work, and what your expenses are. Obviously a wash and vacuum is not going to take as long as a full detail.

lol, the question I asked was kinda hidden it was below the pictures. The work wanted is wash + wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    $100 per limo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now how much if you threw in a buff job? Not full correction kinda like maybe a 2 step.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO $100 is on the cheap side, I wouldn`t cut him a break on price unless this was going to be a weekly wash/wax thing. If its a one time gig, then he needs to understand that the price will be higher than if he signed a contract for a weekly wash/wax with semi-annual buffing.

Wash Wax/Vacuum (no contract) - $200/per

Wash Wax/Vac (contract, weekly/biweekly) $75 / $100

I`d think about charging by the foot for buffing those things. I`d treat it like a boat, its as big as one...

I`d go around $12/ft if he signed a contract, and do that twice a year; around $20/ft if he didn`t.

I`d make it worth his while to sign a contract with me, thus guaranteeing myself alot of work for awhile to come. By getting a contract, you can entice him with a lower weekly price, but when you factor in its 3 cars and guaranteed work he might jump all over it just for the lower weekly price, not realizing that he will be paying more in the end.

just my .02 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    To get something like this detailed properly with a 2 stage machine polish and interior detail, I think I would charge between $1200 for the white one and $2000 for the black truck looking thing. This job would easily take two full days of work. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never done any limos either, but if I were to do one, I would charge by the hour. I`m not going to try to estimate something I have never done. The Excursion could easily 1.5-2 times the amount of time the white Town Car would take. It looks like the black Town Car has the stupid presidential roof package, so that may save some buffing time. If they do ask you to do the interior..... NEVER flat rate it or quote before you see it. I`ve seen some absolute trashed limo interiors, which could take a day or two alone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    To get something like this detailed properly with a 2 stage machine polish and interior detail, I think I would charge between $1200 for the white one and $2000 for the black truck looking thing. This job would easily take two full days of work. Best of luck.

Thats what I was thinking. The excursion one maybe 2500 or so for a detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    Thats what I was thinking. The excursion one maybe 2500 or so for a detail

Holly cow! I don`t think Limo people would pay that kind of money Eric for a limo. Most places have in house people to wash their rides otherwise the Limo places hold the drivers responsible to get the Limo`s cleaned up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MachNU
    lol, the question I asked was kinda hidden it was below the pictures. The work wanted is wash + wax.
    Yup, did not see it. Well, it comes down to how long it will take you, and how much your time is worth.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally would charge double what I would for an equivalent service to a Large SUV.
    Sunny Day Detail

General Manager

Chester County`s Premier Mobile Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    IMHO $100 is on the cheap side, I wouldn`t cut him a break on price unless this was going to be a weekly wash/wax thing. If its a one time gig, then he needs to understand that the price will be higher than if he signed a contract for a weekly wash/wax with semi-annual buffing.

Wash Wax/Vacuum (no contract) - $200/per

Wash Wax/Vac (contract, weekly/biweekly) $75 / $100

I`d think about charging by the foot for buffing those things. I`d treat it like a boat, its as big as one...

I`d go around $12/ft if he signed a contract, and do that twice a year; around $20/ft if he didn`t.

I`d make it worth his while to sign a contract with me, thus guaranteeing myself alot of work for awhile to come. By getting a contract, you can entice him with a lower weekly price, but when you factor in its 3 cars and guaranteed work he might jump all over it just for the lower weekly price, not realizing that he will be paying more in the end.

just my .02 cents

Very good way to look at it. I might approach it in this mannor. :xyxthumbs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven

Only way I could see someone paying that money would be for full exterior correction and a full interior with all leather seats cleaned/conditioned and the carpets all shampoo`ed.

Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    Holly cow! I don`t think Limo people would pay that kind of money Eric for a limo. Most places have in house people to wash their rides otherwise the Limo places hold the drivers responsible to get the Limo`s cleaned up.

Luckly the guy who contacted me is the owner of the limo`s and trying to check my prices against the person who currently does them. Even though the person currently does not do it professionally and I believe on the side for some extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunt182
    I personally would charge double what I would for an equivalent service to a Large SUV.

Seems to be the common theme.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunt182

I agree. They appear to be about twice the size.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic

but when it takes you 40+ hours to complete it to standards...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information