Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone,

im new to this board and was reffered here by my freind Tommy . i currently own and operate a mobile detail service. however with that said comes a new set of issues. it begins with staying consistent and or busy all the time. im someone who likes to have something to detail at all times whether it be a millwinders/ ridler caliber show car or just a client who wants their paint to pop. i currently service a few performance shops and private households along with doing paint correction from my own shop. i began this business in 2004 to carry on my passion of dealing with show cars and hot rods. but as of recently due to the economy things have become slow. enough to the point of maybe having to take on a 8-5 job. my question to you guys is what to do when it comes to approaching/cold calling new clients for business and staying busy with the ones i have already established. my current clients have been doing business with me for the fact that i provide a top notch detail at a fair price and provide them with a 48 hour gaurantee. im only at wits end with this because i like the fact that i am flexible with my appointments and will travel to pretty much anywhere to gain new clients. taking on a reg form of employment would greatly interfere with that schedule. so with that said i welcome any tips ideas and or suggestions. and thanks in advance .
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | 1993 Camaro Z28 | 1972 Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like
    How about making a "Winter Prep Package" your flagship moneymaker.

The incentive is that it protects the car. Sell it right and they`ll buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last I heard you were pretty busy...

It`s sad, but looks like around here the good way to make money is to do it quick and cheap... We don`t have a decent detailing business in this city...

Every "detail shop" I`ve been to or by are out there drying with beach towels and washing with dish rags... I can see the swirls from the road, it`s terrible. Cover it in armor-all...

I would post up some documented details on some forums... You`d be surprised at how many guys locally know of Nick Chapman and think he is god because he posts up on the Mustang forums, Meguiars, etc... word of mouth.

Good Luck

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Working hard on my SEO for my website has always brought me through any times where I wouldn`t have a car in my shop otherwise. I too have built up a reputation on the forums and by word of mouth. But when there`s not a "Word of Mouth" car in my shop, there`s the person that found me on the first page of Google. Now I can tell you this; I have an assistant and some people working for me behind the scenes now, but for a long, long time I was investing 18-20 hour days and when I wasn`t detailing I was on the computer promoting my business. I now can pick and choose which cars I want to take on and am booked through the middle of February, and the calls and emails keep coming. Hope this helps.
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you work on search engine optimazation? im trying to get my site on google.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jose206
    how do you work on search engine optimazation? im trying to get my site on google.

1) Sign up for google Webmaster.

2) Submit sitemap.

3) See what your keyword density is on the webmaster display.

4) Try adding in more keywords into your website. Ex: Webmaster said my "detailing" density was full but "baltimore was only at about 40%.

This is the basic of it. Theres A LOT to SEO.

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go to this forum. This is where I started to really pick up on SEO and everything about the internet as well as the business aspect of it. Think of it as Autopia only for Tech guys.

Webmaster Forum - Internet Marketing & Search Engine Forums
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I signed up for googles webmaster tool, now I`m just trying to understand it all

Post Thanks / Like
    seems that there is some really good information in this thread. I too would also like to know what to do as far as promoting business especially durring these slow times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt21
    Working hard on my SEO for my website has always brought me through any times where I wouldn`t have a car in my shop otherwise. I too have built up a reputation on the forums and by word of mouth. But when there`s not a "Word of Mouth" car in my shop, there`s the person that found me on the first page of Google. Now I can tell you this; I have an assistant and some people working for me behind the scenes now, but for a long, long time I was investing 18-20 hour days and when I wasn`t detailing I was on the computer promoting my business. I now can pick and choose which cars I want to take on and am booked through the middle of February, and the calls and emails keep coming. Hope this helps.
    thanks for the advice. things have actually picked up. got quite a few appointments now. and got a big wetsand/cut n buff job sitting in my shop now.guess its just murphys law. because as soon as i left for vacation the calls came pouring in.
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | 1993 Camaro Z28 | 1972 Camaro SS

Thread Information