Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Did any of you guys out there have difficulty coming up with a name for your business? I`m pretty creative when it comes to stuff like this, but I`m coming to a dead end at this point. I`m here in Buffalo, NY and I checked the NYS Business/Corporation Name database and it helped a little bit, but not a whole lot. I`m an auto detailer and I don`t want my name to be associated with a business that sells bacon and shoe leather.

I`m thinking about using the name Cloud Nine Auto Detail. If anyone one here has that name I`m sorry.......any suggestions?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    It can be tough to name a business. I chose Whitehorse Auto Spa, simply because it hit my brain within 2 minutes of deciding to open a shop. Sometimes it just comes to you, sometimes it doesn`t.

Using "Cloud Nine" as what I assume you want to name the business, perhaps the following random thoughts in my head will spark something for you ?

Cloud Nine Auto Perfection

Cloud Nine Car Care

Cloud Nine Auto Care

Cloud Nine Reflections

Cloud Nine Detail Services

Kind of crappy thoughts, but maybe it`ll inspire you. I`m good at tag lines though:

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Elevating your automotive care to a new level

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Bringing car care to a new altitude

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Soaring higher than average

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Heading to new heights

Cloud Nine "whatever" - And you thought Everest was high
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    If nobody around there is using "Clean Getaways" or "Sunday Horse" or "Statement" or "Your Name Here" or "Fanatical Detailing" "Car Nut" "Autoperfect" ...

The one I liked from the previous poster was "Cloud Nine Reflections"

Whatever name you put on it isn`t as important as the name you make for it.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are a mobile detailer, I would also include that in your name.

Post Thanks / Like
    i;m going to call mine Afterhours Detail.....mainly bc i do it as side work and in the "afterhours". has a nice ring.....doesnt sound cocky or too high-end for some of the cars i do, yet doesnt sound stupid like just combing my initials like everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Enforcer
    i;m going to call mine Afterhours Detail.....mainly bc i do it as side work and in the "afterhours". has a nice ring.....doesnt sound cocky or too high-end for some of the cars i do, yet doesnt sound stupid like just combing my initials like everyone else.

sounds like you get a happy ending after your detail :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!! WAS you had some pretty good suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    DT08, WAS,

These are pretty good suggestions, but, let me ask a few other questions to get you to think more about your naming quandary & your business.

> Who/what is you target market? Aka, anybody who wants car detailing done, top end automobiles, anything that you specialize in?? Can you tie the name to your target customer?

> Are you going to have a website? Have you checked available names for the website to match up with your business name? Email addressing, etc.? Does your business name serve web searches well?

> How/where will you be promoting or advertising your business? For instance, does the name (or its alpha/numeric content) have anything to do with Yellow Page placements (don`t know if this is in your plans or budget, etc..)

> BTW, why Cloud Nine in the first place? Off the cuff, I wouldn`t associate being on "cloud nine" with paint correction, perfection, shiny/gleaming things, etc.. I like the spin that Mr. Yukon T put on it, but it doesn`t strike me (say, as a potential customer) as an automotive detailing "name". Anyway, that`s just how it hits me, personally.

In sum, all I`m asking these questions for it to get you thinking about other considerations, rather than just the creative.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..........................

And, nice to see another Western NY-er here. Where in the Buffalo area are you? We`re heading into the "dark period" of fall/winter. How`s business in Buffalo during this time of year?? Any good?

Thx.

See ya. :wavey

Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    It can be tough to name a business. I chose Whitehorse Auto Spa, simply because it hit my brain within 2 minutes of deciding to open a shop. Sometimes it just comes to you, sometimes it doesn`t.

Using "Cloud Nine" as what I assume you want to name the business, perhaps the following random thoughts in my head will spark something for you ?

Cloud Nine Auto Perfection

Cloud Nine Car Care

Cloud Nine Auto Care

Cloud Nine Reflections

Cloud Nine Detail Services

Kind of crappy thoughts, but maybe it`ll inspire you. I`m good at tag lines though:

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Elevating your automotive care to a new level

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Bringing car care to a new altitude

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Soaring higher than average

Cloud Nine "whatever" - Heading to new heights

Cloud Nine "whatever" - And you thought Everest was high

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do, avoid misspelled words (tacky) and extra use of Z`s, even worse.

"Cloudz Nynez Deetaylz"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Calais Auto Detailing. It sound professional and is a reference to my baby (1979 Cutlass Calais).

Lumin De Lumine
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Cloud Nine Auto Detailing but I think it might be more about your personality rather than what your customers would associate with detailing.

If it suits you, then keep it, but I would add something more about the service. Something like Cloud Nine Superior Detailing Services or

Cloud Nine Auto Perfection.

But you know how it is. Somebody will always have something to say about a name... its like trying to name a baby, which I am currently trying to do! Its hard to pick the right one if you don`t want to pick John or Jane! (No offence to Johns or Janes! But you know what I mean!) Its nice to have a name that people will remember.

Good luck with it. Send us a pic of the name over the door when you get it!!

Cheers

KaPow!

Post Thanks / Like
    tenorplayer23: I`d agree with your comment on why "Cloud Nine" to begin with, it doesn`t associate itself on its own with detailing. That said, I think with a good tag line, it could be pretty catchy. I`ve personally had good response from my tag line, Whitehorse Auto Spa - ... Because your vehicle deserves it too.

In either case, there`s some good feedback in this thread, good luck with the naming DT08 !
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo, WAS...............I agree with the name, but like one of the posters immediately above said, I`d make sure that his business name is somehow associated with the profession he practices for his customers. The rest of the things I mentioned are just practical considerations.

BTW, what`s happening in the YT?? Is it winter yet? Must be getting close.............take some pics! And, when does the Mustang go inside....or, do you have 4 snows & chains as required!

See ya. :wavey

Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    tenorplayer23: I`d agree with your comment on why "Cloud Nine" to begin with, it doesn`t associate itself on its own with detailing. That said, I think with a good tag line, it could be pretty catchy. I`ve personally had good response from my tag line, Whitehorse Auto Spa - ... Because your vehicle deserves it too.

In either case, there`s some good feedback in this thread, good luck with the naming DT08 !

Post Thanks / Like
    @Tenorplayer23

Those are good questions. I do plan on having a website in the future and I`ve been doing searches to see if that name is currently being used. I`m back at the drawing board playing with different names again. I live in Kenmore, it`s a suburb of Buffalo. The ppl in this area don`t mind spending a little more on a quality detail and they are very appreciative of that. I have some friends from college that live in Rochester and my wife and I travel there every once in a while. We might have to link up sometime.

@KaPow

Congrats!! Are you having a boy or girl? I`m appreciate everyone`s feedback. I didn`t want to just put something out there, I want a name that ppl will remember.

Thanks everyone. If you have anymore ideas....keep `em coming. It`s all appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Tenorplayer23

Well you know how winters are here. I`m at the point now where I`m just getting a few of my customer`s cars ready for winter. Some customer`s have cars they only drive during the summer months and others are pulling out the winter rides and getting them ready. It`s been keeping me busy. I usually shut down in late October or early November. I was looking for a garage to rent over the winter, but haven`t been successful in that search. Hopefully something will come around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information