Post Thanks / Like
    How did you guys get to the position of detail luxury cars and super cars? Location and word of mouth?
    United States Air Force

Missile Maintenance Technician

Barksdale AFB

2005 SS Silverado

2011 Honda Fury

Post Thanks / Like
    Um...here`s the answer you don`t want to hear, I guess...you have to work your way up to it. Why don`t you PM someone like AutoConcierge and ask him how he "fell" into doing the cars he does? It`s not from location and word of mouth, it`s from detailing thousands of cars and mastering his craft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Um...here`s the answer you don`t want to hear, I guess...you have to work your way up to it. Why don`t you PM someone like AutoConcierge and ask him how he "fell" into doing the cars he does? It`s not from location and word of mouth, it`s from detailing thousands of cars and mastering his craft.

That`s what I was thinking, got a long road ahead of me haha I figured word of mouth had a lot to do with detailing sport cars, take for example, my friend gets his Porsche detailed by me, and tell his friend with a Ferrari that I do excellent work, I figured that doing a number of sport cars would start a chain of sport cars
    United States Air Force

Barksdale AFB

2005 SS Silverado

2011 Honda Fury

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, word of mouth is important in that respect, just keep plugging, man, try to get better and learn something on every detail you do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember.. for every luxury/exotic car detail posted here, the professional detailers work on hundreds of "daily drivers".

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in the same position, though I`m trying to get into the luxury/classic car niche. I know a ton of the classic car guys and I`ve been able to do a couple of small jobs for classic cars (and I`ve got a lot of practice from working on my own classic) but I haven`t had really any full corrections. So far I`ve worked on one Tangerine Orange 1971 Buick Skylark and for luxury I`ve worked on a Volvo 850 turbo wagon. Most of my clients are DD`s (Mazda, Toyota, Ford, etc.) but slowly I am trying to make a name for myself with the classic car guys.

The owner of the Buick (also a friend of mine) now gives me great word of mouth advertising every time we go to car events. Once I get my order of business cars I will really be getting a lot more clients. Word of mouth advertising is great and catering to the crowd that you want to (classic/super/luxury car guys and gals) can, in turn, bring you the number and types of clients you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of different attributes that got us detailing cars. The number one thing is of course experience and quality. Word of mouth advertising is the number one way to get these people to use your shop. It`s also very important to be in the "in crowd" with these clientele.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to earn your chops. People that own million plus dollar cars are not going to just give you the keys no matter how many "vette`s" you show them you did. Not even close to being the same class. Most of the time it`s by being around people that know you personally and can vouche. You`ll need insurence that carries these types of cars. YEARS of proper expeience and still a LOT of luck of being in the right place at the right time to have the right people listen. Or you can just hack your way in like the idiot from canade did and pretend to be someone your not LOL (seriously don`t do that)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Yes, word of mouth is important in that respect, just keep plugging, man, try to get better and learn something on every detail you do.

Thanks Man

Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz
    Remember.. for every luxury/exotic car detail posted here, the professional detailers work on hundreds of "daily drivers".

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    There are a lot of different attributes that got us detailing cars. The number one thing is of course experience and quality. Word of mouth advertising is the number one way to get these people to use your shop. It`s also very important to be in the "in crowd" with these clientele.

John

Great advise

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    You have to earn your chops. People that own million plus dollar cars are not going to just give you the keys no matter how many "vette`s" you show them you did. Not even close to being the same class. Most of the time it`s by being around people that know you personally and can vouche. You`ll need insurence that carries these types of cars. YEARS of proper expeience and still a LOT of luck of being in the right place at the right time to have the right people listen. Or you can just hack your way in like the idiot from canade did and pretend to be someone your not LOL (seriously don`t do that)

very true, whats the best insurance to buy for your business?
    United States Air Force

Barksdale AFB

2005 SS Silverado

2011 Honda Fury

Thread Information