Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently opened up a detail shop in Chicago, and business is exceeding intitial expectations. I also own a shop on the west coast in Oregon, but am nervous about the upcomming winter. Winter brings record months for sales in Oregon, but I hear that detailing in Chicago practically comes to a halt. I`m getting ready to gear up my marketing for the winter months, and would really welcome any friendly advice from the pros and business owners that are framiliar with the seasons. My ahop consists of two bays and a small lobby, and is to small to accomidate a tunnel wash, so my efforts need to be in line with detailing as the primary function. Thanks to all that can help. I look foward to hearing what the community has to say. - Michael (Autopia Auto Spa)

Post Thanks / Like
    Catchy name for your shop! Planning on doing any dealer work or just Autopian detailing?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve locked down one small dealership so far. Looking into others. Problem with the dealerships is that most have in-house detailers. When the market was good 2+ years ago dealers were sending tons of over-flow. But with the economy slowing down auto sales, dealerships are having hard times outsourcing units to detail shops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good name choice
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in Chicago are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dealers are hard to nail down right now for the very reasons you stated. Don`t forget to try some auction houses. Head to the Airport and talk to all the rent a car companies there to see if you can pick some up. At least Chicago is a nice large city so you should be able to find all sorts of connections. You also have some of the very best detailers in the world right there so the bar is set extreamly high. No slacking off there. Good luck with the endvour.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d also recommend checking with some local body shops. Winter (in the areas where there`s snow anyways) is always the prime season for autobody shops.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Thread Information