Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to start doing some radio advertising next week and wondered if any of you have done it. I have a friend who works as a sales rep at the local station and he got me a great price. Here is what they came up with, I`m ok with it but want a little more. (I am on the Highway but not the main one that runs right through town, hence the back road)

Take the back road for the best in interior and exterior detailing... Boji Wash and Detail located 1 mile north of Oh Shucks on Highway 86 offers quality professional detailing services on all types of vehicles including Boats, Trucks, RV`s and motorcycles. The only name you need to know for full auto detailing and hand washing services is Boji Wash and Detail. Whether you need your car waxed or your leather professionaly steam cleaned Boji Wash and Detail has the quality services you are looking for. Call Keith at ***-**** to schedule an appointment. Boji Wash and Detail on Highway 86, just north of Oh Shucks!

Thanks in advance!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ive done it on ESPN radio, wasnt very happy with results
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks_178
    I am going to start doing some radio advertising next week and wondered if any of you have done it. I have a friend who works as a sales rep at the local station and he got me a great price. Here is what they came up with, I`m ok with it but want a little more. (I am on the Highway but not the main one that runs right through town, hence the back road)

Take the back road for the best in interior and exterior detailing... Boji Wash and Detail located 1 mile north of Oh Shucks on Highway 86 offers quality professional detailing services on all types of vehicles including Boats, Trucks, RV`s and motorcycles. The only name you need to know for full auto detailing and hand washing services is Boji Wash and Detail. Whether you need your car waxed or your leather professionaly steam cleaned Boji Wash and Detail has the quality services you are looking for. Call Keith at ***-**** to schedule an appointment. Boji Wash and Detail on Highway 86, just north of Oh Shucks!

Thanks in advance!!!

Back road...Oh Shucks.... I thank they left out Tobacco road.Man where the heck are you located(city)? I`m from Tennessee and even to me it sounds very country. Other than that I feel they worded it pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Radio advertising really only has a significant impact when done on an ongoing consistant basis. People need to hear the ad over and over to make an impression. Generally I finf radio isn`t a very good medium for cost effective advertising for most detailers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrib
    Back road...Oh Shucks.... I thank they left out Tobacco road.Man where the heck are you located(city)? I`m from Tennessee and even to me it sounds very country. Other than that I feel they worded it pretty well.

I know it sounds wild.. Okoboji Iowa.. a resort town with 10,000 people and 30,000 houses. We have multiple large lakes here so tourist trap in the summer. There are 2 highways in town... one runs right through the middle of everything and I am on the other highway that goes around it all.. Oh Shucks is one of the local bait shops.. been here forever and everybody knows where it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    Radio advertising really only has a significant impact when done on an ongoing consistant basis. People need to hear the ad over and over to make an impression. Generally I finf radio isn`t a very good medium for cost effective advertising for most detailers

I agree.

I signed up for a radio ad package and I think that it was great at getting the name out there. However, as far as getting business from it was another story. I am still up in the air about it though. The station that I work with does fit my demographics, however getting people to take action has been the problem.

Radio is a medium that has heavy competition (Cable TV, Sirus, internet, Cell phones). Even though I think that radio has it`s place, for detailers it can be a tricky medium to use if you have limited capital. It is a long range advertising medium, and even then it does not mean that you will have great success with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop

This is true.

You can`t dabble in radio/tv advertising. You go all in with a large budget and lots of repetition, or you don`t go in at all.

Radio and television advertising works well for large car dealerships and mattress stores, but is a poor match or the small budgets of car detailers.
    APPLIED COLORS

PROFESSIONAL GRADE PAINT TOUCHUP KITS

Thread Information