Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any ideas for advertising. I just started a mobile service. trying to get some work..

Post Thanks / Like
    door to door, hand out fliers, talk a lot, and biggest one is WORD OF MOUTH ADVERTISING

Post Thanks / Like
    cool thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Self publish an interest story. Newspapers are very low on staff. Find a unique point of difference, like environmentally friendly, work a story ... like cleaning the Mayor`s car with low water and no run off ... and send it to the newspaper.

Yes, whenever you do one car in the neighborhood ... make it a warm call by asking your current customer for references of their neighbors.

If you are an Eco Detailer, go to properties and tell the Owners / Managers you are consistent with their actions to go green and to allow you to do on site Detailing and to promote it to their tenants.

Vote Everyday!

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a portfolio set up so people can see your work and then start hitting the local car clubs and places that have clients you want to work with. Setting up a webpage with a good gallery is also a great way for people to see your work. basically ask yourself. "If I was a customer looking for a good detailer and I knew absoultly NOTHING about it how would I find out where to go?" Some hit up the phone books most will log online and other will ask freinds and neighbors for referals. But most people have to be able to see what you can do before they trust you enough to service thier vehicles. Business cards are a must as well. Professional looks also a must. Don`t show up in ratty jeans and old t-shirts. Spring for some logo`d shirt just to walk around in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of things you can do, what is your budget? In addition to the networking ideas, direct mail, Google Adwords, Phone Book ads, Newspaper ads, and car signage. Word of mouth is great, but takes a while to get rolling. Make sure you offer superior service, and a referral incentive to current customers.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited

Vote Everyday!

-jim

what on earth does that mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    word of mouth has always worked best with me, as well as signage and having a portfolio to whip out and show customers. Professional look is also a must.
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres one hell of a guerilla idea that has worked wonders for me in the past:

1. Take your car or someones elses (preferably sombody elses)

2. Wash the entire car

3. After washed, take a pale of water and mix some dirt in it and pour it down the whole back half on the side of the car (dont cry). make sure its the half that will be facing a curb when parked.

4.Pour the muddy water starting from back bumper right up to where the rear passenger and front passenger side doors meet.

5. Then leave the muddy water from the rear passenger door back all dirty and detail the hell outta the front half.

6. Drive to a place nearby and park the vehicle. Prefeably a place that gets alot of foot traffic daily. Local town, strip malls work very well.

7. Take sidewalk chalk and draw a dividing line on the sidewalk down the center where you can see the obvious difference in cleansliness.

8. On the dirty side of the chalk write "This is what everyday offers." and on the clean side of the chalkline write "What (insert name of your business) has to offer."

9. Place your business cards, flyers, postcards under your wipers, between that rubber gasket where your window is, etc...

10. Leave it there during the day and come back for it before it gets dark.

Its really something so simple, yes it is a little exaggerated, but very eye catching nonetheless.

Post Thanks / Like
    :nervous2:.. Please tell me your joking? Why would you purposly pour mud and rocks and dirt all over your own car trying to promote your business?? Dangerous game your playing there.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a Professional Detailer ... how would you draw the line in the sidewalk ... wouldn`t your wash mat get in the way?

I am assuming you are a professional ...

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    obviously he didnt wash it in the spot and detail it in the middle of the street...wash and detail it at home, then drive it on over.

I could see this working on PCH where everyone jogs/runs around...plus around surf competitions...half detailed car and half not...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited
    As a Professional Detailer ... how would you draw the line in the sidewalk ... wouldn`t your wash mat get in the way?

I am assuming you are a professional ...

-jim

are you saying that if one doesnt use a wash mat, he is not a professional?

Post Thanks / Like
    TG,

I am absolutely saying that. You are in So California, and the game is changing my friend.

If you do not have some type of reclamation system, in the future, not even a vacuboom will be allowed, you will not receive a Business License or more and more a Permit to operate.

I will be giving testimony at the State Water Control Board this Friday on the new NPDES Permit ... what is that you say ... that is what is necessarily going to change. More and more Cities will be requiring a model where you either do not allow discharge to hit the ground, or a contaminant capture system with proper disposal of waste water / contaminants.

In my opinion, any Detailer who is subject to a fine is not a professional.

Do you operate in So California without one? I would be happy to go to any City in Orange County with you, and talk with the Water Quality / Code enforcement people and see what they have to say.

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    mmm making me think that it must suck pretty bad to be a detailer in So cal the way you talk there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information