Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do different for your customers from competitors? I am sure all of us will learn something here to give us a better edge in the business. Personally I come to them so my services are easy, I am a neatly kept individual, our products are well known and trusted, we make sure to go the extra mile in organizing the cars contents, polite conversations are a must, etc. Any other input from you guys?

:work:
    My profession and obsession

Post Thanks / Like
    I offer to teach them how to maintain their car after a detail correctly. I`ve done 3 teaching lessons so far and they are ecstatic when I do things like that

That does affect how much correction I do a bit but they don`t seem to mind at all

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mail them a hard copy write up (summary) of the detail, with color pictures. I prefer this to an email with pictures, because they can show this off, without having to be in front of a computer. I also include a hand written thank you note.

If I am washing a vehicle with mud on it (Jeep, truck, etc...), I always wash their driveway after doing the detail. Oh yeah - show up on time, every time. Nothing screams unprofessional more than someone who can`t even show up on time for work.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is stupid... But I groom the carpets with stripes. No onther detailer in the area does it.. No clue why either. With the right type of carpet the impact is huge. I aslo offer up before and after pics and tell them they could be on the website which again no other detailer around here seems to do. The extra`s I do are very simplistic really. But they make a huge impact to an area that`s just never seen anything like that before in this field..

Post Thanks / Like
    I polish instead of fill, actually degrease and dress wheel wells, and refrain from using armor all on leather.

Very few competent detailers in my area. Mostly used car dealers scratching up cars.

Thread Information