Thread: setting up

Post Thanks / Like
    a detailing business. now ive not got into detailing properly yet but i have always thought about a business in it.

im from england and have wondered if there is alot of people out there willing to pay good money for detailing.

what with the economy being "a bit rough" at the moment are people tightening the purse strings?

ive wondered if the money is still being spent by the rich but not the middle class?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullett
    a detailing business. now ive not got into detailing properly yet but i have always thought about a business in it.

im from england and have wondered if there is alot of people out there willing to pay good money for detailing.

what with the economy being "a bit rough" at the moment are people tightening the purse strings?

ive wondered if the money is still being spent by the rich but not the middle class?

Usually the people who will purchase luxury services, like auto detailing, are not effected by weak economies. My business has actually increased over the past year, rather than decline. I do, however, spend quite a bit on advertising, so that could have something to do with it.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    thats good news. i did wonder that.they always say money goes to money and that the rich are normally rich for a reason and tend not to lose it with ease.

out of curiosity,did you self learn or did you take courses to get into it?

im a very keen car cleaner and have done plenty of mates cars.but i am one of these people who can spend a day or longer doing a job rather than the route most english valeters do,which is be done and dusted in 40mins from start to finish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullett
    thats good news. i did wonder that.they always say money goes to money and that the rich are normally rich for a reason and tend not to lose it with ease.

out of curiosity,did you self learn or did you take courses to get into it?

im a very keen car cleaner and have done plenty of mates cars.but i am one of these people who can spend a day or longer doing a job rather than the route most english valeters do,which is be done and dusted in 40mins from start to finish

Self taught, and been doing this since I was 16; am 28 now. If you do this as a business, you should operate it as such. I am all about quality and service, but at the end of the day I do this for a living. You have to find the right balance between quality, price, and the time it takes to complete the job.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    blimey you`ve been at it a while. im 31,i work as an assistant manager in a car accessory shop so im around the products alot.so am kid of on a back foot sort of.

i am a home owner but dont have a garage large enough to get cars in to clean.

the downside in this country is the weather.its forever raining.so i would have to rent a unit some where which is another factor.

i see what you mean on the time/money/quality thing. it has always been a problem for me.i clean my friends cars and it takes me an age,as i do one part and then it snowballs when im not happy with another part of the car. im a menace to myself due to this

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bullett.

I did exactly the same thing last year. Was always doing my car and friends cars, then redundancy hit.

So I started small advertising valets for £30.00, I woul dallow max time of 1.5 hours and off to the next one, but I built a customer base, advertised detailing, up sold valets to mini details for customers and now am mainly doing detailing and weekly/monthly maintenance.

Just start small, keep and eye on your time, you need at least £20 an hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsomeshine
    Hey Bullett.

I did exactly the same thing last year. Was always doing my car and friends cars, then redundancy hit.

So I started small advertising valets for £30.00, I woul dallow max time of 1.5 hours and off to the next one, but I built a customer base, advertised detailing, up sold valets to mini details for customers and now am mainly doing detailing and weekly/monthly maintenance.

Just start small, keep and eye on your time, you need at least £20 an hour.

sorry to hear about the reduncancy matey.what did you do before hand? good to see it has worked for you.

maybe you are right.i should be better with my time.trouble is im a fussy sod and hate to see bits on cars im not happy with and thats what causes me the problems.

note to self.limit your job to what they are paying for:think2

i may be able to get a start on the detailing as i have a friend who has a few rs500`s that are above show condition and is thinking of doing concourse.he also has an evo6 and a skyline r34 gtr so i can pull a bit on them maybe.then maybe his word can spread

Thread Information