Post Thanks / Like
    I had finished a wheel restoration and detail for my daily driver (just to keep the commute interesting while I try to forget about car #1) in August, and in the madness of the approaching fall I forgot to post the results. So now that my wax season has reached its end this month, I`ll just share some reflections of my work (Too bad I have to take the wheels off this week b4 the snow). These are a set of `00 Cavalier Z24 aluminum wheels that I had repainted, and then the inner accents painted black, and with the outer rims machined. I got the inspiration for this look from the classic `SS magnesium wheel covers that were featured first on the `65 Chevelle SSz16 as well as other sixties bowtie classics.

After a year of mis-steps with this project (the first wheel detailer defaulted, which took nearly a year to recoup my loss with that guy... :angry ), I finally finished this project in August. Ok I`ve bored you enough...on to the pics...

The wheel as it was (mine were in worse shape, however)

The finished results

before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like
    pics dont work
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I`ll have to fix host...Problem fixed!

Finish by Gliptone Pro-buff paint cleaner, 3M Swirl Mark Remover, Sonus Acrylic Glanz, Mother`s CG Cleaner Wax, and several passes with P21S

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work and looks great!

Those wheels make a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Sure hate to take em off this winter, but with the salt and snow I don`t want to take a chance. Plus the cold weather will make cleaning them a lot harder!

Post Thanks / Like
    VERY Nice work with the wheels, i like them alot! what is the bolt pattern on those..i wonder if they will fit on my 99 malibu...

you should lower your car, it would look sooo much nicer with those new wheels

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Lester!! :up
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Those wheels are nice, I agree lowering your car will improve the look

I did a poor job but you get the idea.

1995 Integra

Post Thanks / Like
    yea..htat looks better....lose the rally emblems on the quarter panels, clear bumper lights and corners if they arent already, debadge the trunk/hood, and tint it, and you will have a pretty hot look j-body!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, those wheels turned out really nice. The paint looks really good too. You don`t see a lot of 8-year-old Cavaliers in such nice condition.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks everybody, and also for the ideas. I am tempted to lower it, but if you could see the treacherous roads here in NY, you may understand why I`m keeping the stock height for now. I do like the lowered look, but the bad roads, plus the unforgiving nature of the cav`s suspension (even with new struts and springs) would make it unpractical for everyday NY driving.

But if my use for this car changes, who knows?!?! I will keep the pic though, thanks!!!!

Mike and Scottwax, thanks you guys for giving me the inspiration with your well waxed clients!! It sucks driving a dull or unprepped car, especially if your main car sits out on most of the work. I figured what`s good for the goose would also be good for the gander, or so to speak!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your next project should be removing the hot purple rally sport badges.

Lorne

Post Thanks / Like
    you took such a weird angle for this picture. the front drivers side tire seems like it sticks out like a turtle car haha. and do you have the side windows "mirror" tinted or something? or is it just a weird reflection?

anyways...i messed with it in PS really quick....

Post Thanks / Like
    wow.. nice work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyortom
    you took such a weird angle for this picture. the front drivers side tire seems like it sticks out like a turtle car haha. and do you have the side windows "mirror" tinted or something? or is it just a weird reflection?

anyways...i messed with it in PS really quick....

Friend it looks like you shot out my windas during a drive-by!! You really want me to lower it huh...lol!!!!!! I appreciate the work with the pics man. Its too bad these roads are full of potholes, dips, chips, and craters!!!!

I wanted to take the classic pose......just reflecting on the past with the rally sport thing and the mag style `SS wheel cover look. Oh well..

The gangsta look....yeah maybe; its got some possibilities :nono

Thread Information