Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Kids, Airsoft® guns and overhead garage lighting is a dangerous combination, especially when Mom`s Mercedes ML430 is parked underneath the light.

Before shot, scratches should be apparent. Hood is angled so when the glass hit, it slid.

After polishing (speed on 6) with Optimum Compound and a Meguiars burgandy cutting pad...notice the lack of marring using a cutting pad and compound with the PC:

Above step plus Optimum Polish with a Meguiars yellow polishing pad (yeah, I know, screwed up on framing this one):

Above two steps and then finishing with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax:

Whole car shots. Not the best location but their sprinklers were running, limiting where I could move it to.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2001 Ford F250. I polish and wax it about 3-4 times a year, owner maintains with weekly washes using the Mr. Clean thing. Really good condition for a work truck, last polished out with Meguiars #80 and topped with #16 in March-and still beading. Probably helped that we`ve had a mostly dry year since mid March. Anyway, needed minimal polishing so I used Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba and topped with Collinite 845.

Yes, I polished and waxed the Camry whose hood you see in the foreground.

=============

2003 Chevy Suburban. Weekly wash customer. Lease is up in 4 months so he was only interested in protecting the paint so I simply waxed it with 845. Wetness and depth noticably improved and 845 definitely has some light filling capability as a few minor defects were practically unoticable after application.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2004 Hummer H2. Another weekly wash customer. One stepped it with Long Haul Polish/Wax with a Meguiars polishing pad in May. Still beading, some slickness left. Probably could have gone a few more weeks at least but the owner likes to keep it looking its best and I was kind of itching to try 845 on red anyway. Simply waxed this time with 845. Wish I could have got a couple sun pics because as he was driving away after I finished, the red paint looked just incredible when the sun hit it. Too bad I finished with just enough time to get these three pics before he had to get his son to his football game. Maybe next week when I wash it.

===================

This is why I actually had a day off the other day. Nice wall cloud, eh? About 10 minutes after taking this pic, it was pouring.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What can I say, you do great work Scott. It always gets me how I can tell that a picture was taken in the south just by the way houses are made. Have you ever been to Coppell? Gorgeous 2 story house neighborhoods there... lots of H2s parked in the streets too

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice details as always. Collinite looks really good when you apply it.

Great pics of OCP at work. I`ve had it for a while now and haven`t gotten the right chance to use it yet, really itching now.

Would you say that #845IW is your favorite of the Collinite waxes? I think I`ve only seen you use two, so maybe not the best question.

Quite impressive that #16 was still beading after almost 6 months, were the beads still tight or was it well into its last days? I`ve never been able to leave #16 for more than 2 months so I`ve never seen it deteriorate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad iX
    Nice details as always. Collinite looks really good when you apply it.

Great pics of OCP at work. I`ve had it for a while now and haven`t gotten the right chance to use it yet, really itching now.

Definitely a quality product line.

Would you say that #845IW is your favorite of the Collinite waxes? I think I`ve only seen you use two, so maybe not the best question.

Only other Collinite wax I have is 870 Fleetwood, which is a cleaner wax. 845 is much easier to use. Apply a thin layer to a section, then remove.

Quite impressive that #16 was still beading after almost 6 months, were the beads still tight or was it well into its last days? I`ve never been able to leave #16 for more than 2 months so I`ve never seen it deteriorate.

Pretty decent beading. It was raining lightly when I first got to his house, so I started on the Camry you see because it fit in the garage since the rain was supposed to end by late morning (and it actually did!).
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work as always Scott, might have to invest in some 845 after all!

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pics Scott. That Hummer looks fantastic... :woot2: :woot2:
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your work on black cars scott, my fave so far was your #80 and CMW combo on that black `7`.

That merc above is almost making me want to clean my car!
    "I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work as usual Scott.....I love the white truck though ..you do white right!! :clap:

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    man...great work! Love the H2, great job on them all tho... :woohoo:
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Collonite looks yummy on red

Nice work Scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m impressed OCC took out those scratches so well, and with so little marring. Awesome job.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, you pwned that Benz . Man, you really are the Bruce Lee of detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work as ever Scott, brilliant job on the Merc.

Always read the products/process you use with interest I see now you have been using the Optimun compound and in previous threads of late the DP Super Swirl remover. I have been buying up some polished to take full advantage of my PC, are the above much more aggressive than Poorboys SSR 2.5? If I was buying either one or the other Opt Compound or the DP SSR for PC use what would you suggest?

Cheers

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information