Post Thanks / Like
    And then decided to take pictures in direct sunlight.

The first picture surprises me, since I swore that I had some swirls left, but they aren`t there. :woot:

and proof that a lot of it is in the pictures angle:

My goodness is this stuff hard to work with. I had forgotten what a bear it was, especially in high heat (90) and high humidity. I really just wanted it on there because it is so slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I`m lost. What is smearfire?? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    Sorry, I`m lost. What is smearfire?? :nixweiss

Blackfire II. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not very familiar with Blackfire. Is Blackfire II the sealant? If so, I was always under the impression that it was *very similar* to Wolfgang, and I don`t have any trouble with WG in the sun, except for when I use too much or don`t let it dry enough.

Hmm, maybe they changed it and now it`s not as similar anymore. Either way, your car looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    No it`s the same formula. At least this is--it`s over 2 years old now. It isn`t really like WG. WG isn`t as much fun to use.

Anyway I decided to go to the old army base...thing...and take pictures. This place is pretty creepy.

Post Thanks / Like

And then....it...came up behind me and scared the bajesus out of me. She wanted to know about my camera, my car, where I was from, what I was doing...it made me want to pee. So I left. She scared me. She had a dog. She scared me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh...and...there`s another one down the road almost near Upper Mountain Road (which is more like a big hill but it did have a part in making Niagara Falls....)

Excuse my made l33t photo skills.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t believe you let that lady scare you. If you were a true detailer you would have explained everything and got a new customer.

J/K..i would have peed myself. haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost turned around and kicked her but then I noticed it was only a leopard. I can handle leopards with my bare hands. It`s the cheetahs you have to watch out for.

Post Thanks / Like

OH man she scared me too. What in the world she doing there? Its praying or something? Dam voodoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klnyc

OH man she scared me too. What in the world she doing there? Its praying or something? Dam voodoo

http://www.dmna.state.ny.us/forts/fo...ambriaNike.htm as I came to find out.

She either lives in those, or she owns a house in the small village next to this place. It has old houses which look to be cinder block. I bet they don`t have basements either. It`s really weird. She could have grew up in sanbord/cambria, married and moved onto this base, and is living the rest of her life in the old barracks. Sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, she wants you! It`s your duty to do a good deed for the elderly.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    I`m not very familiar with Blackfire. Is Blackfire II the sealant? If so, I was always under the impression that it was *very similar* to Wolfgang, and I don`t have any trouble with WG in the sun, except for when I use too much or don`t let it dry enough.

Hmm, maybe they changed it and now it`s not as similar anymore. Either way, your car looks great.

Blackfire "II" is just Blackfire All Finish Paint Protectant. A long time ago when it first came out, it was sort of thin and not that slick and didn`t bead very well. They improved it to a very thick, very slick, and somewhat finicky product that beads like mad. It was so long ago that the "II" part can probably be dropped from the name now. The product itself was never called "I" or "II", it was just a way for autopians to distinguish the two rather different versions of the same named product.

I need to break out the Blackfire again. I always liked it, but also had issues when applying by hand (not by PC usually though). I guess I just grew away from it, and haven`t tried it in at least a year... Thanks for the reminder of this nice product Corey!

Post Thanks / Like
    You must. I forgot all about it until I decided to tip my bottle over and squeeze one last car out of it. The slickness is unbeatable, the beating is unbeatable, and from what I can remember the durability is great.

And it was that long ago huh. I was only a young detailer when I decided to order.

Post Thanks / Like
    BF :rules: :woohoo:

Just makes me wanna :buffing:

I actually conserve the stuff, I love it but hate to use it, cuz I think Im waisting it........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information