Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what I did today, z6, z2, z8, needed no prep as is garaged most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car. Gotta love that body sytle. I have a black 67 Z28 (396ci).

Looks like it just came out of a paint booth. Excellent work.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Nice car. Gotta love that body sytle. I have a black 67 Z28 (396ci).

Looks like it just came out of a paint booth. Excellent work.

I honestly never liked 1st gen pontiac f-bods. I basically like anything `70 and up. Now the 67-69 Camaros.... I LOVE those. Of the three, I`d say I would most want to own a `69 RS, RS/SS, or Z/28. Hardtop, hugger orange /w white stripes, and the black/white houndstooth interior and a 396 under the hood.

Do you ever drive any of your "collectibles," or even show them for that matter? Just curious. Once before I know you said something about them just sitting in a storage garage.

Nice work on this one, though. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I glanced over the title and thought it said "1967 Firebird Z28". I saw "67" and `Z28" and was expecting a Camaro. When i saw the Pontiac, I suspected something fishy was afoot :hm: Hehe.

Gorgeous car :up: I`m trying like hell to get my uncle`s `70.5 Camaro down to VA from PA so I can tinker on it a little.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only drove her about 5 times last year, I allready beat that record this year. I might as well enjoy life right? I plan to drive her alot this year and so far the weather has been great. Seems like last year was a rain fest up here. I detailed her last year with a PC random orbit and Zaino threw and threw. I love the New z2 pro and the z8!!! -It seems to be almost hypnotic, I swere the gloss comes out more and more with time...? The photo was taken right after the z8 today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

Do you ever drive any of your "collectibles," or even show them for that matter? Just curious. Once before I know you said something about them just sitting in a storage garage.

Nice work on this one, though. :xyxthumbs

Not beyond placing the batteries and starting them up and rolling down the driveway. Just do not have time nor inclination to drive them. Last year I only drove the 95 Z28 convertible about 400 miles (1.5 tanks of gas) and never bothered with letting the top down.

It is April now and I still haven`t bother to register her. I told my wife I was going to register this vehicle and her response was, "What for, she just sat in the garage all last summer"

My excuse this month is the pollen. Black finish and pollen :shocked

Driving spirited vehicles just isn`t fun any more with the amount of congestion on the road, the general inability of the public`s driving skills (maturing drivers), inconsiderate drivers in general and the liability involved if one does have an accident.

It stinks developing maturity (getting old)

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Driving spirited vehicles just isn`t fun any more with the amount of congestion on the road, the general inability of the public`s driving skills (maturing drivers), inconsiderate drivers in general and the liability involved if one does have an accident.

It stinks developing maturity (getting old)

Well you can always send the "spirited vehicles" my way

I guess alot has to do with where you live. I wouldn`t want to drive one "in the city" but I`m close enough to back roads with 55-plus MPH speed limits and wide open spaces to just let `er rip, that it wouldn`t be out of the question. As much as detailing is therapy, getting behind the wheel of a quick car is just as awesome :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Shiny Lil Detlr,

That`s the whole irony of my situation. I now live in a rural environment with many back roads and all the streets and roads are smooth. I grew up in New England where driving even on the highways was an experience of dodging potholes. I was younger than and didn`t realize the consequences of "letting her rip". Hopefully, when I retire I was take more time to cruise these monsters (if gas isn`t $10 / gal). :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    eran, I feel your pain. Here on Long Island the only thing worst than the traffic is the drivers. I have a 1965 Impala with a roller cammed 509, it stinks just idling in traffic. I`ve decided to sell as I just don`t enjoy it anymore. The wife has a Carosel Red (Hugger Orange) 1969 Lemans with a 400 (ran a 12.96@104) and we only drove it 3 times last year. Once was for an inspection around the corner. They closed the track and chase out all the cruise nights. Just not fun anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking bird. Does she have the 326 under the hood?
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep a 326 is under the hood, I just upgraded the ignition to a stock looking electronic hall effect type and a 40,000V coil, wow what a difference, crispy acceleration compaired to the worn out old points system.

Thread Information