Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a few pics from a few months back. It was right after a clean-up. A clean up on a brand new truck

Mothers clay

Meguiars polish (cheapo in the red bottle)

Meguiars show car hand glaze

Meguiars #26 yellow wax. x2

Armor-all detailers advantage tire foam. -- Great for the thick tread.

Armor-all detailers advantage inside

All done by hand, truck washed in-between coats of each with cheapo turtle wax zip wash.

I recently gave it another coat of yellow wax about 2 weeks ago with the same great results. It was still beating up wonderful from christmas day to 2-18-05 when I did an additional 2 coats of #26. It had at LEAST 25-30+ washes. That`s why I love #26, can`t beat the durability. My next buy will be Menzerna car care kit and a PC. I`m getting extremely minimal swirls in the hood. I want to nip this in the butt before it gets worse.

I`ve gone to a 2 bucket method, using a wool mitt. Once I wash a panel, I will spray the mitt out with the hose very well, then give it another good rinse in the rinse-off bucket before I dunk it back in the soap.

Let me know what you think

Here ya go:

Silverado SS Cluster

Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a billet grill?

Also used detailers advantage tire foam under the hood. It`s the best so far. Never use the crap from advance auto parts. It took gallons of degreaser to get that junk off.

Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a beautiful truck. :xyxthumbs

What kind of tires are those?
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain 285/75/16 on factory wheels. I had to lift the front about 2.5", move the front bumper fwd, and trim about 1/4" off at the bottom.

It looks a ton better than the grandpa 245 street tires. I can`t see having street tires on a 4x4. It seems a waste.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Your 285`s rubbed on a ¾ ton? I`ve had 285 BFG AT`s on my last 2 ½ tons with no problem. No rubbing lock to lock even offroad. Nice truck though. How`d you get 2½ inches in the front? Ford or GM green keys?
    Anyone got a `96 Impala SS for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    nice stance. good line. great view. gotta love those hd trucks.

interesting badge....police interceptor ...?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it rubbed in the front, only on the lower valance.

I had the stock torsion bar keys nearly maxed out to fit the tires. Keep in mind I didn`t want any rubbing at all, and the front to set level with the back. I hate that raked look. I eventually bought some green keys and installed those. It rides much better with the green keys I think. Some say it makes no difference, but it does. I was able to get a near perfect match front to rear. Rear sits 42" from the ground to the center of the fender flare, and the front is 41 3/4". You can`t tell it unless you measure it.

The police interceptor badge is from a cop car. Yes it`s legal. It`s simply a "package". I simply got the part # and went to ford and ordered me two of them. It`s a conversation piece, and people usually don`t ride my *** on the road. I have the same thing on the black car. I removed all the badges, tinted the windows dark and put that only sticker on the trunk.

The cops even seem confused by it when they they see a hot woman driving a car that says "police interceptor" lol

Can`t pull me over, we aren`t impersonating anyone, anything whatsoever. No lights, etc. It`s simply an engine "package"

Edit-- I noticed you mentioned that you had the BFG A/T. I had those as well test-fitted at the tire shop and they fit fine. I assume I needed the extra lift due to the larger lugs on the tread.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks GREAT!

Love those tires

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mighty HD

The police interceptor badge is from a cop car. Yes it`s legal. It`s simply a "package". I simply got the part # and went to ford and ordered me two of them.

OMG, a GM with a ford product on it! what is this world coming to?!?!?!? so do the cops call you in when they to chase a suspect off-road?

nice truck. that must take a long time to clean and wax.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    haha. Actually I have gone on a few off-road search/rescue deals with a couple different police/sheriff agencies.

The little girl Jessica Lunsford in Cirtus county that has been missing; they asked for 4x4`s to assist with searching the woods, etc. I`ve been home for 3 weeks due to an accident so I tried to get a small group together to go help.

Yep, a GM with a ferd product on it. It turns many heads in confusion. lol

It takes about an hour to wash it and dry it. That includes door jambs, and a quick clean up of the inside to keep the dust down.

Waxing usually takes about 2 hours, then about 15min to go around it with a toothbrush getting the cracks, etc.

I can only imagine what a PC and some Menzerna will do for the shine. #26 is great but I`ve read that the menz is much better.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    i like the rig...the `interceptor` badge looks better on the Vic though.

BTW, I like the grill as it is, no need to go Billet....also, that big RED "GMC" on the grill looks very tasty painted black!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Youre probably right about the lugs on the MT`s. You say the green keys have a better ride? I might have to try some. I`ve got my bars cranked about 1½ inches. Keep the grill but throw some Denali headlights on there!
    Anyone got a `96 Impala SS for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people say it`s impossible to ride better with the green keys, but my wife noticed it right away. If she says something, I know it made a difference.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good...what are you using to clean your front bumpers and grill and dress?
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything gets a coat with #26, even the chrome bumper, chrome around the grill, etc.

To keep bugs off it when I drive, I usually check it every time I get to my destination, if there`s junk on the front I"ll clean it off.

The dressing for the tires is armor-all detailers advantage tire foam, along with the front wheel wells. The rear wheel wells get 3 coats of #26. The black platic on the front gets a very light coat of meguiars natural shine.
    Mighty Hd

Thread Information