Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

I detailed it a month ago and just got around to taking pictures today. I did AIO x2 by hand and then SG x2 by hand, one day between layers.

All I have done to maintain the finish is weekly washings, no QD or boosters applied. It has held up well to all the rain we have been getting due to the affects of the recent hurricanes.

I am really impressed with how easy AIO is to use and was almost tempted to stop there as the slickness and shine is awesome.

This was my first time with SG. I was a little worried about it after reading all the issues people have with applying and removing it. I applied by hand with a foam applicator, let it haze and then removed with an Autopia CBT. I was carefull to apply it as thinly as I could. I had absolutely no issues whatsoever with removing it. Hopefully that experience will continue as I plan to use the Klasse twins for my final major detail before winter sets in here.

One of the things that really impresses me about SG is that it seems to have the ability to both sheet and beed. Most of the water sheets off the car but, what little remains beads up like mad.

I have always been a die hard carnauba guy, still am but I have been dabbling with synthetics lately. Klasse doesn`t quite have the depth or glossy look of a carnauba but, it has grown on me. I think someone described it well as looking like a piece of hard candy.

I have been tempted to top it with a carnauba but, not sure I want to go through the hassle of having to remove the carnauba if I want to apply another layer of Klasse.

Anyhow enough rambling, on to the pictures. Keep in mind this is a month old Klasse application. I applied it towards the end of August and just got around to taking pictures today. There are more pictures at the Webshots link in my sig.

Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful:up , I used klasse on my red mach 1 awhile back. I like the dripping wet look, but still like the carnuba look a little more

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GORGEOUS Stang and just a AWESOME detail rjstaaf!! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

When you applied the AIO did you wipe it on then off or did you apply it to the entire car then remove? How long did you let the SG set on the paint before you removed? I have both products sitting on my shelf but have been hesitant to use them because of all the things I have read as well. Those pics though have me VERY curious to try them...looks beautiful on your paint!
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

GORGEOUS Stang and just a AWESOME detail rjstaaf!! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

When you applied the AIO did you wipe it on then off or did you apply it to the entire car then remove? How long did you let the SG set on the paint before you removed? I have both products sitting on my shelf but have been hesitant to use them because of all the things I have read as well. Those pics though have me VERY curious to try them...looks beautiful on your paint!

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated

I think you would be fine doing the entire car with AIO and going back and removing. With SG though I was paranoid so I did it section by section. With AIO and SG I let each set about 15-30 minutes before wiping off.

I think the key with SG is to apply it as thin as possible. From what I have read I would bet that SG is very sensitive to humidity when it comes to application and removal.

I also wonder if the towel you use for removal plays any role in how easy SG is to remove. I used an Autopia CBT and it was no more difficult to remove than the average carnauba. I wouldn`t put in on par with say S100 in terms of ease of removal but, it was by no means difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, AIO is a LOT easier to use with the wipe on, wipe off method. I tried putting it on the whole car and then removing and it was a lot more difficult to get off.

Car looks great. Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking Stang. I really like the front spoiler and think it sets car apart from others.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailwind

[B]For me, AIO is a LOT easier to use with the wipe on, wipe off method. I tried putting it on the whole car and then removing and it was a lot more difficult to get off.

/B]

I find AIO works best with wipe on wipe off a section at a time. AIO can be a PITA to remove if you let it dry. When this happens I just go over the area again with AIO and then wipe off right away.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow! it looks freshly detailed! it looks gorgeous! i tried comparing it to your other pictures but i can`t really tell any difference. have you tried the AIO on anything else, like the rims and windows?

and your stang is beautiful, especially with that front spoiler.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I find AIO works best with wipe on wipe off a section at a time. AIO can be a PITA to remove if you let it dry. When this happens I just go over the area again with AIO and then wipe off right away.

I can`t speak to that as this is my first time with the Klasse twins but, I had absolutely no issues with removing AIO even after letting it haze. It went on and came off with absolute ease. Whether that continues to be the case time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hirosh

wow! it looks freshly detailed! it looks gorgeous! i tried comparing it to your other pictures but i can`t really tell any difference. have you tried the AIO on anything else, like the rims and windows?

and your stang is beautiful, especially with that front spoiler.

I had washed the car the day before, all I did for the pictures was spray on some Meguiars Accent Dressing on the trim. This was my first time trying it out and I think it is a bit too glossy for my tastes. The thing that attracted me to it was that you spray it on (aerosol spray can) and the overspray easily wipes off the surrounding areas. The application couldn`t be easier. I just wish there was a version of it with more of a matte look to it. I will tinker with it, maybe I applied it too heavily.

You will probably never see light and day type differences on my car as I try to keep the paint in as near perfect condition as I can. The differences between the products used in the pictures in my gallery and webshots albums are subtle and probably very difficult to see in pictures but, in person there is a difference.

So far I have just used AIO on the paint but, I am planning next tire rotation to use the Twins on my rims. Right now they have Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Protection on them.

I was curious about using AIO or even VM on my windshield. Anyone done this? How does it affect the operation of the wipers, does it cause any resistance or other problems?

Thanks again guys for all the comments, much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you use to clean the side and hood scoops? Your car looks fantastic!!
    2002 Mustang GT Silver

2002 Ford Escape Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks amazing!

That head on shot is perfect. It looks unusually wet for Klasse.

What did you notice between the first and second coats of AIO?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I always enjoy pics of your Mustang...

Post Thanks / Like
    I hestitated to click on this because of the 56k warning but I had a little extra time to wait on a download---and 100k pics are no big deal since there are only 3 of them.

Absolutely beautiful, Bob! I really like the shot of the hood, almost makes the paint look like a candy apple red!

Instead of putting a carnauba over it, you may want to consider using 4* UPP. Gives it more of a carnauba look but it also pretty durable...and it is even slicker than SG!

AIO and VM are great on the glass. AIO should last longer but if you want to save it for the paint, use VM.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I second what Scott said....that candy apple effect is gorgeous.

Super work!
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information