Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I finally got most of the vehicles in my household where I want them (4 outta 7), I decided to top a few of them off with some Carnauba`s I receieved from a few different Autopian`s. (Thanks )

First up, 2003 Cadillac CTS in Diamond White, which belongs to my father. It was polished out about a month ago, then Klasse`d, and 3 days later it was topped with a coat of Wolfgang.

I got a sample of Trade Secret from Jngrbrdman and he reccomended it for metallics. This being a metallic pearl, I thought it was the best bet.

Anyways, it smells awesome! I found the best way to do it was one panel on, then wipe off. Immediately I noticed how it GLOWED and brought out the flakes of metallic. It reduced in reflectivity but like I said, talk about glowing. I was verrrry impressed with this topper. As of now, it`s the best metallic topper I`ve used, in these eyes

Before TS

After TS

Full Shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Next up, my girlfriend`s Snaab 9-3. We recently got 2004 Saab Aero Rims for it and I detailed it for her using #80, VM, EX-P. I asked her which look she`d prefer for a carnauba topper and after describing them, Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose was the winner.

I found the best way to use it was one panel on, one panel off. Instant DEPTH and WETNESS! It gave a very rich look to her paint. She was very pleased with the results as was I.

Please excuse the sun distortion from a pitted edge of the hood

Post Thanks / Like
    Next up, My Integra. I currently have WGx3 and EX-Px1 on it. I was not very happy how EX-P looked over WG on my car, but what are ya gonna do.

I decided to top it with some Liquid Souveran (thanks Jngr). As I applied one panel, then removed, my neighbor said "It looks like a red mirror" and my dad said "Can it get any redder?"...This stuff looks excellent even though I don`t think the pics really did it justice. In my opinion, it did just what they said, increased the depth of color and reflectivity and left a nice glow. I will eventually strip everything, re-polish and do WGx3 and top it with LS for what I believe will be the ultimate red look

Post Thanks / Like
    Both cars look great :xyxthumbs The Cadillac in particular looks fantastic.

Just as impressive are the flowers :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Next up, a detail for an Autopian .

I`m not sure of his username, but his name is Julio. He found me from this site and keeps his car VERRRRY clean. The thing beaded from every direction, tires and wells were dressed and everything polished when I got there. I had my work cut out for me to get that extra amount of the finish. My final processes were:

-Mother`s Gold Wash

-Wolfgang Clay

-Hose down and dry

-#80 with LC Cutting Pad via rotary @ 1500rpm to remove medium swirling and marring on all horizontal surfaces

-#80 with Meg`s Polishing Pad via rotary @ 1500rpm on vertical surfaces

-SSR2 with LC Polishing pad via rotary @ 1500rpm to remove any buffer swirls

-Klasse AIO (user request)

-Klasse SG (user request)

-VM on all chrome

-VM on all lighting

-AA in wells and on tires

Post Thanks / Like
    whoa, nice jobs! it must be fun being able to try out different products and combos.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    Lastly, a 2004 Toyota Sienna.

First off, this thing is HI-TECH!!! A sensor in the front to sense objects to close...Power rear sliding doors opening and closing. Hydraulic rear hatch, power closing. Park sensors on the rear as well as a back-up camera. Navigation, DVD with TV drop down, wireless headphones, so on and so forth.

Anyways, there was enough junk in this thing to live with. I spent about 15 full minutes just cleaning out the client`s `stuff`. This thing was pretty beat up by the kids already as well the the exterior elements. Inside I:

-Oxy Mix for carpets

-Woolite:Water mix to clean leather, vinyl, plastic, and rubber

-303 Aerospace to dress vinyl, plastic, and rubber

-Lexol conditioner on the leather

-Gliptone Glass Cleaner on the Glass

The exterior had a bunch of tar spots, bugs, and horizontal staining. I did what I could for what they asked (no clay and intensive polishing). Final processes were:

-Mother`s Gold Wash

-Simple Green on Wheels and Wells

-Meguiar`s APC+ 10:1 on bug and tar areas

-VM via rotary @1000 rpm with Meg`s Polishing Pad

-EX-P by hand

-AA in wells and on tires

-VM on all chrome and lighting

Before

After

Nice Glow

Sorry about the cloudy pics...It rained directly after I finished...I was supposed to do their Jeep too...but I will do it next week along with weekly washes for both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I don`t know if you are the busiest guy on here, but you certainly contribute ALOT to the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for doing so and hope you continue to. All your work here is fantastic. I especially am digging the look on the 300. You make me want to try every combination of products out there. keep up the great work

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic work...great to see your work using different combos...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent job as always!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LoweJackson: Thanks much! My mom appreciates the compliment as well She owns a creative gardening design and maintenance business and loves doing all that stuff. She wishes she had more time with the garden though.

hirosh: Yeah it is . The problem is my supplies keep filling...lol

jroc1212: I truly thank you for your kind words. It means a lot that I help around here. I just try to post my honest experience and I`m glad that you seem to enjoy my posts

Pats300zx: Thanks . I still have more to try and I will be posting my results

tdekany: I appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like
    Great details man, but DOOOOODE, what are your winter tires doin on your integ in the middle of the summer. COME ON!!! LOL
    "You offroad that thing?" "Yea man, all the time"

Post Thanks / Like
    great details, and the results you achieved on the 300M were certainly worthy. not to suggest that it might have been a disaster before, but i think our fellow autopian made a good choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    BlueRanger: Thanks man...Mishap on a local road caused me 4 bent rims and 2 broken axles...Sucks but I`m over it, just need new rims now

Griz: Thank you much. I hope he thinks the same thing as well

Post Thanks / Like
    the teg looks sick.. shiniest red car ive ever seen... good job.. what rims r u thinkin about gettin?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information