Post Thanks / Like
    Friday night was the brightest moon light I think I`ve ever seen. Truly amazing, so what better thing to do than try to get some pictures by it.

Let`s try to answer some questions...camera settings:

canon s45

iso 50

exposures: 15 sec

f 2.8

tripod used....as well other some other tools like a mini flashlight...

and one really, really, bright moon. oh, and elevation was 3300 ft for these pics...it was 72 degrees at 11pm (considering it was 40 degrees warmer in the day i wasn`t complaining).

I really don`t know what we were looking to do, but there were three minis and a windy road in the middle of nowhere. hey, were were even joined by some guys on some bikes (out-cornered them )

now, i haven`t touched many of these up in photoshop. only two of them and i`ll point them out. it was REALLY bright, i`m still shocked by it frankly.

for full size pics >click me<

slightly increased the levels in photoshop in this one....

added more light in this one via a brake lights and a reverse light:

had the guys on bikes whizz by for a trail shot:

the drivers of the other two minis - chris and dee (these guys are great. thanks so much for putting up with me barking orders all night long!!)

okay, so i have a tiny torch (flashlight to the americans) on my keychain. chris decided to "paint" the car. i had a brake light lighting up the front of the car.

my chrome mirrors adding a bit more reflection. i did increase the level in this pic in photoshop a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    another "paint" job...came out nice with how he drew the front wheel and just a couple of simple lines. again, completely untouched in photoshop. this is as-is.

sort of went for this "surface of mars" affect with the brake lights lighting up the road.

and our lads on the bikes...well done for sitting so still

hope you enjoyed it! again, just really bright with just the moon. i really wish i had a longer exposure time...maybe 30 seconds...would have loved to see how that would come out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Explain how you did this one to me? I understand tripod and long exposure, but how do you do it with just the light showing up and the person holding the light not showing up?

I`m just now starting out screwing around with night photography and I have a bunch to learn. The shots look great, what kind of exposure were most of the shots shot in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dillon - specs are all listed at the very beginning of the first post. 15 second exposures. Even though Chris was wearing a white shirt, there`s still to imprint of him anywhere in the pic. The beauty being that it`s dark enough and that he doesn`t seem to reflect any light for long enough to make a difference in the exposure. All you need is a fine point and bright flashlight and you`re able to "paint" the picture.....much like the bikes that whiz by.

Check this thread for more night examples and my sig has more night shots in it.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=39700

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool pictures.

What kind of bike is the sporting the streetfighter or naked look?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    f 2.8 - explaine that one to me please? The sad thing is that I have a S50 but only use it in AUTO mode.

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, very coooool pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey, were were even joined by some guys on some bikes (out-cornered them )

They def. were not trying. those bikes can outhandle almost anything on the road. I think you were being sarcastic though. lol
    Milano Red 1996 HX Civic - replaced with:

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mnbv

They def. were not trying. those bikes can outhandle almost anything on the road. I think you were being sarcastic though. lol

I actually wasn`t A car will out handle a bike, but it has to be a car that handles extremely well. Sure, it`s going to severely drag on straight-line acceleration, but if you`re on a road where you don`t have a chance to get over 60mph, the car will do very well. The road we were on has a lot of 15-25mph curvers...some hairpins too. These bikes were close but not that close.

Tdekany - the f2.8 setting is the largest aperture setting allowing the most light to enter the lens. Take a read through your owners manual, this camera can do some wonderful things.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks I will!

If I ever get away from this BB...

Thread Information