Post Thanks / Like
    Polished first with Light Cut on the Cyclo - Hand applied Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze (FTG) and topped it with FMJ.

It was a beautiful sunny day all day but by the time I finished this detail it turned sour. Cold front moving in by tomorrow so it looks like the rain we were suppossed to get today will come tomorrow.

The FTG went on very easy and it is not at all like #7 or IHG. This glaze will now have a place in my arsenal. I hand applied it and too much on your applicator pad will cause it to get funky, so easy does it.

There is no smearing of the residue when it comes time to wipe off as long as you realy work it into the finish. I am sure it works great with a DA also. I will try that next time.

Of course the FMJ was just fantastic to work with, no surprises there. I wanted to top it with a carnauba but ran out of time, VERY busy day:up

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Next

Post Thanks / Like
    Last pic

Adios,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

Looks great, sun or not. Good to hear you had success with the glaze . . . I thought I wouldn`t be able to try the glaze or the sealant for a while because of the turn in the weather, but a friend of mine hooked us up with a heated garage for tomorrow. I`ll try to take pics; we`re detailing a Java Black Subaru Forester XT.

Thanks for the review,

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Killer job Anythony!

Thanks for the pics and the glaze praise!

I just bought the Menzerna duo today and can`t wait to try it out.

If it is as good as you say, I may just kick aside the VM and reserve that for chrome, glass and trim!

I`m excited to polish with my favorite, #80 speed glaze then follow with the 2 Menzernas.

However, CMA states that a carnuba diminishes the effect of the FMJ. Have you topped with a carnuba yet? If so, any difference?

Again, nice work :up
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good Anthony! Nice car too, much nicer than the Montero I detailed this afternoon (as a side note, Mitsubitshi`s have real cheap interior materials).

How does that FTG compare to the European version of Menzerna FP? Do they seem to be the same product to you?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Java Black Subaru Forester XT

Mmmm...XT horsepower...arrgghh...drool

Anthony, you gave depth to silver. That is amazing.:up
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Killer job Anythony!

Thanks for the pics and the glaze praise!

I just bought the Menzerna duo today and can`t wait to try it out.

If it is as good as you say, I may just kick aside the VM and reserve that for chrome, glass and trim!

I`m excited to polish with my favorite, #80 speed glaze then follow with the 2 Menzernas.

However, CMA states that a carnuba diminishes the effect of the FMJ. Have you topped with a carnuba yet? If so, any difference?

Again, nice work :up

Thank you Spilchy

While I have not yet topped the American version of the FMj I have topped the Euro version. While FMJ produces a sparkling gloss it is not a "wet" look and while I did not notice a carnauba topper diminishing the look of FMJ it did add that wet look.

As for the FTG, it does give some added wetness and I think more would come out if topped with say Trade Secret, S100 and for sure Pizazz.

Thanks,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Looks really good Anthony! Nice car too, much nicer than the Montero I detailed this afternoon (as a side note, Mitsubitshi`s have real cheap interior materials).

How does that FTG compare to the European version of Menzerna FP? Do they seem to be the same product to you?

Yeah this CL600 is a killer machine....very slick! he may sell it soon though

I haven`t used the Euro version of the FP but when speaking to a Menzerna rep he said that the FPII is the same product as the original FP but that it has a bit more lubricating oils to it so it buffs longer, not sure if that helps........BUT the FTG may not leave as much gloss as say #7 or IHG but then again it doesn`t gum up and smear either. Also sometimes with IHG and #7 you have problems laying down a topper because of all the oils. FTG seems to dry faster and remove without any smearing or residue, although I did have to use 2 applicators as the pads seemed to get kinda "clogged" with the product. I am sure I could of used just one pad to do the whole car but I felt it best to get a new one:nixweiss

The FTG doesn`t leave a slick feeling behind but that is no problem once you lay down the FMJ........super slick:xyxthumbs

Thanks,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thinksnow

Mmmm...XT horsepower...arrgghh...drool

Anthony, you gave depth to silver. That is amazing.:up

Thank You! I really wanted to detail this charcoal grey Mercedes AMG but he back out when he learned it would rain this weekend

I also have a black BMW next week to detail, if the weather is good, as I am very anxious to try out a FTG - FMJ - Carnauba trio on a dark colored finish but I am happy with the CL600 results.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Anthony!! You bring out a nice luster on silver!! I`ve detailed a MB CL before and I agree that they are fast and not to mention very beautiful cars!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony-the Euro version of FP is more squeaky than slick but very clear and wet looking. I have been using Poorboy`s EX-P over it with outstanding results. Give you sort of a `dipped in salad oil` look.

I`m not a huge #7 or IHG fan either. I prefer #81, VM or PwC.

Keep us posted on the FTG/FMJ combo on all colors and its durability.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information