Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buffest 2011- The NEWEST Buffeast- Lamborghini/DeTomaso/SL300 Gullwing/Ghia and more.

Awesome thread and pictures, some priceless cars!
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buffest 2011- The NEWEST Buffeast- Lamborghini/DeTomaso/SL300 Gullwing/Ghia and more.

Before...

And after...

Who knew concrete was so comfortable?

Sorry Todd...I had to...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    Absolutely awesome Todd!!

The RS200 is a dream car of mine. while its a little easier to find the standard road going version (they made 200 of those) the Evo just get my heart pumping.

I also think I know that car you worked on! (not personally..I wish) I was watching it as it was going up for auction back in may (that is if this one is newly acquired.. not that you see many Evo RS200s in the US to begin with) . I dreamed of owning such an amazing car one day...

I am glad you got to work on it, thats for sure!

Thanks again for a great write up and amazing pictures to some beautiful cars that most of us will never see in a lifetime!

(oh and your work was pretty good too )
    Thank you very much Reality! While I worked very hard to get to a position to be able to work on such amazing cars I still consider it a honor do so. The RS200 EVO is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Todd - are these pictures with your new D3100? Are you happy with it?
    Hi Thomas,

Yes these pics are with the new D3100. To be honest I don`t like it as much as my D40X. It takes longer to focus (sometimes it doesn`t focus) and for the internet the picture quality is the same. It has some cool features, such as HD video and the display screen, but over all I was just happier with the older camera. I`m sure this will grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Awesome thread and pictures, some priceless cars!
    Thanks Mr. Saunders!

Quote Originally Posted by 1turbobrick View Post
    Before...

And after...

Who knew concrete was so comfortable?

Sorry Todd...I had to...

Wow Dale, who knew you were so good at photoshop!

And yes, besides making the GT40 my bed I found homage on the floor. I was resting my eyes and caressing the FLEX.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd Helme........one of the good guys.

It was about five years ago I stumbled on a detailing thread with more pictures than I`ve ever seen , the car was a 512BBi. The results were impressive. So I made an inquiry to Bella Detailing, the end result was Todd came up to Canada for the first Buff Fest.

Preparation was at least a dozen boxes of supplies so that Todd could access his extended "bag of tricks" here and feel comfortable going in. A great team of guys was put together to ensure that Todd could stick to what he did best. Once we learned the ropes, things turned out like an assembly line. Washing, claying, dissassembly, metal polishing, reassembly.

When it was all said and done and we looked at the pile of gleaming cars, pretty damn cool.

I`m a stickler for originality and preservation, details like keeping the original orange peel while bringing out the best shine the paint can have means alot to me. Acheiving these results with wet sanding would be not be tolerated, original paint cars did not come wet sanded, maybe a restored car but not an original one.

What impresses me the most is Todd`s attitude, he is a sponge. Always asking questions and learning. Case in point are the Cobra and Countach. Both of these cars have inherent flaws like all original cars do, my expectations were for Todd to clean up all the years of California duster damage that had occured, bring out the best of what was available in the paint and leave all of flaws. Between Todd and the group the end results were incredible.

I`m a pretty demanding guy to work for and what is really cool is what happens at Buff Fest. These guys work 12-15 hours a day for up to two weeks straight (Todd will often pull all nighters or cat nap on the floor). The cars, the work, enjoying your job that is what motivates these guys. On the final day we often reflect on what happened, it is often a blur. The days blend into each other and until you stand back and go over each car you don`t realize how much got accomplished.

So what can I say.......Todd and the whole crew are the good guys, I feel spoiled to look at the results every day. If you like strange old cars, stay tuned, there will be more Buff Fests as long as Todd is willing to come and freeze his bones.

Mr. X

Post Thanks / Like

Simply amazing. Great write up and great work on these amazing vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Todd Helme........one of the good guys.

It was about five years ago I stumbled on a detailing thread with more pictures than I`ve ever seen , the car was a 512BBi. The results were impressive. So I made an inquiry to Bella Detailing, the end result was Todd came up to Canada for the first Buff Fest.

Preparation was at least a dozen boxes of supplies so that Todd could access his extended "bag of tricks" here and feel comfortable going in. A great team of guys was put together to ensure that Todd could stick to what he did best. Once we learned the ropes, things turned out like an assembly line. Washing, claying, dissassembly, metal polishing, reassembly.

When it was all said and done and we looked at the pile of gleaming cars, pretty damn cool.

I`m a stickler for originality and preservation, details like keeping the original orange peel while bringing out the best shine the paint can have means alot to me. Acheiving these results with wet sanding would be not be tolerated, original paint cars did not come wet sanded, maybe a restored car but not an original one.

What impresses me the most is Todd`s attitude, he is a sponge. Always asking questions and learning. Case in point are the Cobra and Countach. Both of these cars have inherent flaws like all original cars do, my expectations were for Todd to clean up all the years of California duster damage that had occured, bring out the best of what was available in the paint and leave all of flaws. Between Todd and the group the end results were incredible.

I`m a pretty demanding guy to work for and what is really cool is what happens at Buff Fest. These guys work 12-15 hours a day for up to two weeks straight (Todd will often pull all nighters or cat nap on the floor). The cars, the work, enjoying your job that is what motivates these guys. On the final day we often reflect on what happened, it is often a blur. The days blend into each other and until you stand back and go over each car you don`t realize how much got accomplished.

So what can I say.......Todd and the whole crew are the good guys, I feel spoiled to look at the results every day. If you like strange old cars, stay tuned, there will be more Buff Fests as long as Todd is willing to come and freeze his bones.

Mr. X
    Thanks Mr.X (confirmed as the real Mr/Dr.X) for the compliments, the trust, and priceless memories! And for becoming such a good friend over the years that we have shared these wild adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by hemin8r View Post
    Simply amazing. Great write up and great work on these amazing vehicles.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive collection and work done. Must be nice to detail cars like that

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd for your insight about the 3100. I was going to get a 5100 but then I was introduced to M4/3 cameras and bought a Lumix G3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blk5.0 View Post
    Impressive collection and work done. Must be nice to detail cars like that
    Yes it is nice, stressful, but I never fail to appreciate the chance to work on such awesome machinery. I am a die hard car nut so I am blown away sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Thanks Todd for your insight about the 3100. I was going to get a 5100 but then I was introduced to M4/3 cameras and bought a Lumix G3
    I just looked at the camera, it seems really nice! I look foward to your already great work framed with a higher resolution! Can`t wait to see that jewels you put out properly displayed!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Todd those were some amazing cars you got to work on. The info on the cars and the extra details you provide in your posts make these threads really great. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

The Benz is probably my favorite car. The color is amazing and the interior really sets it off nicely

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Todd, great work! I have a question about M105 pertaining to the Healey. I have black paint, specifically on a Evo, and I have swirl marks that I would say are less severe than the Healey but still very noticeable in the sun. Is it necessary to use a wool pad? I have a PC 7424xp and all three colors of Meg`s 2.0 pads. I have 83 and 205 because I thought 105 would be too abrasive, but would you still recommend using it?

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific work Todd those are some amazing cars. I think the title should be Buff Marathon 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Wow Todd those were some amazing cars you got to work on. The info on the cars and the extra details you provide in your posts make these threads really great. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

The Benz is probably my favorite car. The color is amazing and the interior really sets it off nicely
    It`s my pleasure to be able to share my adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by sc_S13 View Post
    Hey Todd, great work! I have a question about M105 pertaining to the Healey. I have black paint, specifically on a Evo, and I have swirl marks that I would say are less severe than the Healey but still very noticeable in the sun. Is it necessary to use a wool pad? I have a PC 7424xp and all three colors of Meg`s 2.0 pads. I have 83 and 205 because I thought 105 would be too abrasive, but would you still recommend using it?
    It`s so paint dependent. Evo`s have soft paint, you could try M105 with a foam pad first.

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Terrific work Todd those are some amazing cars. I think the title should be Buff Marathon 2011.
    Thank`s V.Rossi (great avatar btw)

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT JOB mAMAMIA
    Live life to its fullness

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kc`s View Post
    GREAT JOB mAMAMIA
    Thank you KC!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information