Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT pic Kevin. Do you know where it was?

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHA

Todd, I asked you if you had any orange pads in the other shop and you said no... I think the conversation went like this..:wink:

Me: Hey Todd, you have any orange pads over there because I can`t seem to find any of the clean ones that were here???

Todd: Sorry buddy, I don`t remember taking any of those orange ones...

Maybe because you turned all of them blue:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: LOLA LOLA LOLA

Long night EH:w00t::w00t:

:Innocent::Innocent::Innocent::Innocent::Innocent: :Innocent:

::angel:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Digger on the return row:

AMAZING pic and find Kevin:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::biggrin:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDawg View Post
    HAHA

Todd, I asked you if you had any orange pads in the other shop and you said no... I think the conversation went like this..:wink:

Me: Hey Todd, you have any orange pads over there because I can`t seem to find any of the clean ones that were here???

Todd: Sorry buddy, I don`t remember taking any of those orange ones...

Maybe because you turned all of them blue:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: LOLA LOLA LOLA

Long night EH:w00t::w00t:

:Innocent::Innocent::Innocent::Innocent::Innocent: :Innocent:

::angel:
    Yep, that`s Todd alright..........:biggrin:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m surprised that Todd didn`t turn into a Smurf after looking at those pads! :biggrin:

Now that you guys have thawed out (ok - Rydawg is back in the snow again:Frosty::Frosty is there a plan for a return?

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    GREAT pic Kevin. Do you know where it was?
    Not sure yet... Sure reminds me of Famosa but the attire of the fans leaves me wondering.
    Maybe they were testing and tuning for the 1967 Winternationals there?

Found this article about the car so perhaps it was Pomona:

http://www.examiner.com/x-6173-Ford-...urs-d-Elegance

Ford Super Mustang dragster displayed at Meadow Brook Concours d` Elegance
    August 4, 9:13 AM Ford Examiner Mike Karagozian

Ford Super Mustang dragster
    During the 1960?s all the domestic manufacturers focused on high-performance. "Win on Sunday, bring `em to the showroom on Monday" was the Detroit racing mantra. Ford Motor Company was perhaps most upfront about burnishing their ?Total Performance? image.

Ford-powered racing cars successfully competed in every auto-racing venue from the Indianapolis 500 to NASCAR to Le Mans.

Top fuel dragster
    In 1966, Ford started development of the Super Mustang. It was designed to be a super-streamlined top-fuel slingshot dragster. Once the Logghe-built chassis had been completed in December 1966, the Super Mustang was taken to Florida without bodywork. Legendary drag racer Connie Kalitta was hired to do the initial testing and shakedown.

This is what makes it a Mustang!
    Pomona Winternationals
    After testing, the car was shipped to California where it ran in the 1967 Pomona Winternationals, with Tom ?The Mongoose? McEwen driving. The Super Mustang recorded an ET of 8.60 seconds and a top speed of 180 mph ? impressive performance for that era. Modern top fuel dragtsers and even funny cars routinely turn in top speeds of over 300 mph.

The Pomona Winternationals was the Super Mustang?s only competitive outing. The Super Mustang received wide attention in the automotive press, nicknamed "Ford`s Dragster of the Future." The Super Mustang was also featured in some of Ford`s advertising campaigns.

Fuel injected 427 CID powerplant makes 800 hp
    Mickey Thompson connection
    Speed legend Mickey Thompson acquired the Super Mustang in 1968 and it remained in Thompson?s collection until his death in 1988. Thompson, who set numerous speed and endurance records, is credited with designing and building the first slingshot dragster.

The Super Mustang was sold out of the Thompson estate and passed through the hands of a number of collectors. Current owners, Don and Joan Lyons of Dowagiac, MI, purchased the Super Mustang in 2003. Lyons restored the Super Mustang to original condition. Lyons did the restoration work, including the paint work himself.

The Super Mustang is maintained in running condition. Lyons, however, does not make "exhibition runs," at local drag strips, nor does he fire up the engine at shows, much to the crowd`s disappointment. The cockpit contains no gages of any kind - not even a tachometer. The only instrumentation on the Super Mustang is an engine-mounted oil pressure gage. According to Lyons, this is what the designers intended.

Fuel injected powerplant
    According to Lyons, when the car was built Ford intended it to be a blown top fuel dragster. The fuel-injected 427 CID engine shown in the photos produces 800 hp. It was to be replaced with a supercharged powerplant. Ford ended support for the program, however, and the supercharged engine was never installed.

You can see another pic of the car here (click to enlarge once you get there):
    http://www.cruisenewsonline.com/ROT-...wen-Story.html
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar`s/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar`s Distributor/Retailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of my Lola...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey th0001... Do you remember a thread where the chinese detailing forum members talked about you, and put subtitles to your youtube videos? You remember what they referred you as? In case you forgot, you were a deity of detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    not often will a thread be bookmarked this much. Thanx for sharing the epic adventure
    Marc Harris from autoLavish Detailing of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally took time to read it.

Excellent work Ryan and Todd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job guys. You should feel honored to be able to detail such a collection.
    David Strum
    Charlotte, NC

Finance during the week, finishes on the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Not sure yet... Sure reminds me of Famosa but the attire of the fans leaves me wondering.
    Maybe they were testing and tuning for the 1967 Winternationals there?

Found this article about the car so perhaps it was Pomona:

http://www.examiner.com/x-6173-Ford-...urs-d-Elegance

Ford Super Mustang dragster displayed at Meadow Brook Concours d` Elegance
    August 4, 9:13 AM Ford Examiner Mike Karagozian

Ford Super Mustang dragster
    During the 1960?s all the domestic manufacturers focused on high-performance. "Win on Sunday, bring `em to the showroom on Monday" was the Detroit racing mantra. Ford Motor Company was perhaps most upfront about burnishing their ?Total Performance? image.

Ford-powered racing cars successfully competed in every auto-racing venue from the Indianapolis 500 to NASCAR to Le Mans.

Top fuel dragster
    In 1966, Ford started development of the Super Mustang. It was designed to be a super-streamlined top-fuel slingshot dragster. Once the Logghe-built chassis had been completed in December 1966, the Super Mustang was taken to Florida without bodywork. Legendary drag racer Connie Kalitta was hired to do the initial testing and shakedown.

This is what makes it a Mustang!
    Pomona Winternationals
    After testing, the car was shipped to California where it ran in the 1967 Pomona Winternationals, with Tom ?The Mongoose? McEwen driving. The Super Mustang recorded an ET of 8.60 seconds and a top speed of 180 mph ? impressive performance for that era. Modern top fuel dragtsers and even funny cars routinely turn in top speeds of over 300 mph.

The Pomona Winternationals was the Super Mustang?s only competitive outing. The Super Mustang received wide attention in the automotive press, nicknamed "Ford`s Dragster of the Future." The Super Mustang was also featured in some of Ford`s advertising campaigns.

Fuel injected 427 CID powerplant makes 800 hp
    Mickey Thompson connection
    Speed legend Mickey Thompson acquired the Super Mustang in 1968 and it remained in Thompson?s collection until his death in 1988. Thompson, who set numerous speed and endurance records, is credited with designing and building the first slingshot dragster.

The Super Mustang was sold out of the Thompson estate and passed through the hands of a number of collectors. Current owners, Don and Joan Lyons of Dowagiac, MI, purchased the Super Mustang in 2003. Lyons restored the Super Mustang to original condition. Lyons did the restoration work, including the paint work himself.

The Super Mustang is maintained in running condition. Lyons, however, does not make "exhibition runs," at local drag strips, nor does he fire up the engine at shows, much to the crowd`s disappointment. The cockpit contains no gages of any kind - not even a tachometer. The only instrumentation on the Super Mustang is an engine-mounted oil pressure gage. According to Lyons, this is what the designers intended.

Fuel injected powerplant
    According to Lyons, when the car was built Ford intended it to be a blown top fuel dragster. The fuel-injected 427 CID engine shown in the photos produces 800 hp. It was to be replaced with a supercharged powerplant. Ford ended support for the program, however, and the supercharged engine was never installed.

You can see another pic of the car here (click to enlarge once you get there):
    http://www.cruisenewsonline.com/ROT-...wen-Story.html
    That was a great read Kevin. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely the best write-up on any forum I`ve ever seen! And what an honor for you guys to work on such an amazing collection.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Angelo has it rigged...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=the+greates...ng+thread+ever

DLB

admin_old
    Still, simply amazing work.

Great writeup!
    Tolstoy?
    Dickens?
    Amatuers!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information