Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    carnage:
    What did you use for polishing machine? Did I miss that piece of information in this thread somewhere??

    The fact that you mentioned other polishes that you tried and used means this is not your first go-around correcting and polishing. The pictures of your black Toyota and the end results speak for themselves.

    Curious to know how you use M105, IE what pads and methods you use, like do you spray water on the pad or mix it with M101. I have an early version of it that seems to dry quickly and dust too much for me. No, I do not like it and end up mixing it with Meg`s Consumer Line Ultimate Compound to make it "usable".

    What would be your LSP of choice for this black beauty??

    As far a camera to replace your phone, that depends on your phone. MOST phones have pretty good cameras built into them today and many of the pics posted in this forum have been taken with a phone camera. That said, even a mediocre point-and-shoot digital camera will take "better" pictures than most phone cameras. If you get into the higher-end SLR, it`s even better, PLUS the added benefit of built-in 4K video-taking that comes with most of them. But then your are more of a "serious" photographer, not to mention the PHD in using electronic gadgetry and camera software required to operate and get the most out of them, let alone the photography skills to apply all of that. Don`t laugh! Some of the fellow Autopians in this forum are as good as photographers as they are detailers, if not better than the later.

    It`s a fine economic line between upgrading your phone that has a better camera OR just buying a point-and-shoot digital camera. But that is up to you; you know your needs.
    GB detailer
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    carnage:
    What did you use for polishing machine? Did I miss that piece of information in this thread somewhere??

    The fact that you mentioned other polishes that you tried and used means this is not your first go-around correcting and polishing. The pictures of your black Toyota and the end results speak for themselves.

    Curious to know how you use M105, IE what pads and methods you use, like do you spray water on the pad or mix it with M101. I have an early version of it that seems to dry quickly and dust too much for me. No, I do not like it and end up mixing it with Meg`s Consumer Line Ultimate Compound to make it "usable".

    What would be your LSP of choice for this black beauty??

    As far a camera to replace your phone, that depends on your phone. MOST phones have pretty good cameras built into them today and many of the pics posted in this forum have been taken with a phone camera. That said, even a mediocre point-and-shoot digital camera will take "better" pictures than most phone cameras. If you get into the higher-end SLR, it`s even better, PLUS the added benefit of built-in 4K video-taking that comes with most of them. But then your are more of a "serious" photographer, not to mention the PHD in using electronic gadgetry and camera software required to operate and get the most out of them, let alone the photography skills to apply all of that. Don`t laugh! Some of the fellow Autopians in this forum are as good as photographers as they are detailers, if not better than the later.

    It`s a fine economic line between upgrading your phone that has a better camera OR just buying a point-and-shoot digital camera. But that is up to you; you know your needs.
    Sorry, forgot to write the polisher. The polisher was the PC7424. Heavy correction was done with the Lake Country wool pad with no interface. Polishing was LC white pad with M205, finishing was LC black pad with M205.

    I haven`t pick up a polisher in a few years. This was a practice run, plus the SUV was in desperate need of correcting.

    I mix M105 with M101, M205, Ultimate Compound, and spit if nothing was around.

    I tried Jescar Ultra Lock Plus since taking these pictures. It was short lived. I going have to re-polish the whole SUV again due to the garage wiping grease with shop rags.

    The pictures were taken with my sister iPhone 11. I`m probably going to get the iPhone 12.

    As far as camera goes I going have to do research on different types of camera to see what available and what suits my needs at the time of purchase. I know nothing about camera so it may be awhile before I get one.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    carnage- Oh man, before I even got a chance to compliment your (VERY GOOD) work, the mechanic mars it up! Hope you uhm...expressed your displeasure... and don`t have to take off too much more to fix that..

    Also hope you get something durable on there, so you don`t have to do it again too soon
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

  4. #19
    Older's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    That looks excellent.
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    carnage- Oh man, before I even got a chance to compliment your (VERY GOOD) work, the mechanic mars it up! Hope you uhm...expressed your displeasure... and don`t have to take off too much more to fix that..

    Also hope you get something durable on there, so you don`t have to do it again too soon
    I found the grease and the the marred up finish a few days afterwards. I`m not mad because I was expecting this to happen. I kind of wish they were more careful but it`s a garage.

    Eventually I want to coat it but being my first time I`m a little nervous if I screwed something up. Plus it getting traded in probably next year.

    Thank you for the compliment!

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    I found the grease and the the marred up finish a few days afterwards. I`m not mad because I was expecting this to happen. I kind of wish they were more careful but it`s a garage.
    Gee, you`re a lot more forgiving that I`d ever be! Glad you`re taking it in stride though, and yeah...if you`re trading it soon there`s an element of "what`s worth it?" involved.
    Likes carnage liked this post

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, you`re a lot more forgiving that I`d ever be! Glad you`re taking it in stride though, and yeah...if you`re trading it soon there`s an element of "what`s worth it?" involved.
    There`s a few minor scratches on the left front fender I have to remove.

    It`s a daily driver so I expect thing to happen but I tried to avoid them.

    The SUV is almost 10 years old so before anything major goes wrong It`s going to be traded in.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    carnage- Heh heh, gee, at 10YO I`d start thinking "it`s nearly broken-in now"! Newest thing we have currently is the `08 Crown Vic, and that`s an ex-LE vehicle that I doubt was ever pampered
    Likes carnage liked this post

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    carnage- Heh heh, gee, at 10YO I`d start thinking "it`s nearly broken-in now"! Newest thing we have currently is the `08 Crown Vic, and that`s an ex-LE vehicle that I doubt was ever pampered
    I have around 60,000 miles on the SUV. I don`t know if this is considered as broken in.

    The most repairs I did was belt tensioner, water pump, A/C compressor, about a month ago. The other SUV in the picture 2020 GLE 450, has a lot of issues.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    I have around 60,000 miles on the SUV. I don`t know if this is considered as broken in...
    Heh heh, guess that depends who ya ask Mine with more than that aren`t all that "more used" than the ones with less.
    The most repairs I did was belt tensioner, water pump, A/C compressor, about a month ago.
    Now that you`ve had that done maybe it won`t need much more for a while.

    The other SUV in the picture 2020 GLE 450, has a lot of issues.
    A Benz with "a lot of issues" sounds pricey!
    Likes carnage liked this post

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, guess that depends who ya ask Mine with more than that aren`t all that "more used" than the ones with less.
    Now that you`ve had that done maybe it won`t need much more for a while.

    A Benz with "a lot of issues" sounds pricey!
    To me more miles, more repairs. The stupid small things will nickel and dime me to death. These are the worst.

    Upon my inspection look like the lower control arm bushing are wearing out. Front struts are leaking. Valve cover has minor leak. Just to name a few things.

    A Benz that has a lot issue doesn`t sound expensive if under warranty. If warranty is out, might as well sell a kidney.

    In Sport mode there`s a nasty rattle sound that Mercedes USA doesn`t know how to fix. Then all the stupid little stuff either falling apart or rattling loose. Leather seat cracking. May get traded in for a BMW next.

  12. #27
    A Miracle Detailing Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    2,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    I haven`t used M105 and M205 in years.

    Nice work! Great Job!

    Merlin
    www.AMiracleDetailing.com
    Facebook - YouTube - Instagram
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: First time posting my work, be gentle

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I haven`t used M105 and M205 in years.

    Nice work! Great Job!
    Thank you, Sir! Means a lot coming from you. Big admirer of your work.

    Does this qualify my work for a Merlin shot?

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Long time viewer first time posting
    By Innovative Detailing in forum New Autopians Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 07:17 AM
  2. Long time viewer first time posting
    By Riverdad4twinz in forum New Autopians Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
  3. Trying out pic posting (Denali work truck)
    By GlossyTundra in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:13 AM
  4. posting photos of work
    By tooklean in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 10:03 AM
  5. It`s my first time, so be gentle.....LOL
    By JohnnyWinter in forum New Autopians Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 10:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •